EverTune Bridge?

mickey83

Any thoughts? Has anyone tried them? Are they a pain to install? Any additional drilling? If you don't like them, can I go back easily to a tune-o-matic per say ?

They seem to be really cool as long as the feel is somewhat traditional or natural. Thanks.

Some makers have it as an option, I personally wouldn't add one to a guitar till I've tried one first.
Not sure what guitars/music you are into but ESP make some as a default option. They have an LTD both Eclipse and Horion version with Evertune.

I have a tele with one installed. They have to route out a big chunk of wood so there is no going back unless you have the hole filled and then redrill for the tune-o-matic. I haven't had to tune the guitar for months though. :LOL: :LOL:

I have an LTD Ken Susi 7 string with an evertune bridge. I would recommend one, just spend as little money on one. dont get a crazy expensive guitar with one or install one on your nice guitars until you have dealt with one for at least a year so you can gauge how much you like it

I like the looks of the Ken Susi ESP...The Evertunes would be cool for 7 string lower tuning stuff. Not necessary for 6 string higher tunings.

They are great but I found the 3 or 4 ones equipped with ET have sounded a bit thinner. Nothing that couldn't be dialed out though.

crwnedblasphemy":1qrrm4b2 said:
I like the looks of the Ken Susi ESP...The Evertunes would be cool for 7 string lower tuning stuff. Not necessary for 6 string higher tunings.

Yes, was noticing that players in this style/genre mention the Evertune quite a bit for the lower tuning stability.

I have a strat and a Les Paul both fitted with Evertunes. Needs to be done by a certified Evertune tech so you get warranty.
Quite a bit of wood gets take out and the install does look technical and involved.
My Les Paul was one of the first to get installed in Australia, it did go back for a couple of replacement parts.
The Strat bridge has been flawless since day one. I had one in Tele as well, but i sold that Tele off anyway, i'm not a Tele man!

In terms of tuning across the whole neck, it's amazing. You can dial in the amount of pitch change when you bend strings which is really cool. If you're into chuggging, you can remove the bend from the bottom E string completely to remove tuning fluctiations, very cool. You can dial this in on the fly while playing, so good.

The feel is a bit more spongy than a standard bridge, and it can at times sound too perfect, but no regrets, my OCD nature loves Evertune! :rock:

I've been waiting years for the trem version that they promised probably 5 years ago.

When it does eventually drop, my first question would be how does it affect the flutter effect (intentional).

I have a Solar A1.6D with evertune. I also have a Solar S1.6 with hipshot. The S1.6 was my favorite guitar then the evertune has spoiled me. Now I want evertune on all my guitar. There are little things that take some getting used to but overall its fantastic.

I am working on shifting over to all Evertune bridges because I have an excessive sensitivity to hearing something the slightest bit of being out of tune (whether it is me or listening to someone else). So they rule for that purpose.

On the other hand the V1 model of the Evertune is a total destroyer of a guitar, which sucks. I am not going to ruin my #1, which is a PRS McCarty SC 594 with an Evertune install and would rather get something else to effectively replace it.

I have a hunch that a little semi hollow action might be the best way to offset the tonal impact from an Evertune bridge. The ESP Ben Weinman is a really really solid option, but I am planning on a Kiesel Crescent C6E with the chambering and C hole option.

I had an evertune for awhile. It is great if you keep the same tuning. You have to change out the saddles or string gauge if you want to drop severely, because the tension range is very small for each particular saddle. It actually can become quite a bitch calculating string tension before you buy a new set of strings. But if you just play in standard, or the same relative tuning (drop d) shouldn't be a problem, especially if you don't ever change string gauge. It is easy to adjust either way. I took the whole thing out and took it apart and put it back together with ease. It is even simpler than a floyd rose. A lot of guys like them for recording, because you don't have strings go out of tune from bends. That makes sense, for sure. But for me, I think it is unnecessary. My guitars don't go out of tune during a session. The thing that makes them cool for beginners, is that you don't have to tune your guitar each time you play, so you can just pick it up and jam. Also, if you set it a certain way (the beginning of zone 2), you can keep the strings intune from accidental bends, overfretting, and heavy palm mutes closer to bridge pickup. All of these things that make it cool for beginners are detrimental to them actually learning to play guitar. But if you are a rhythm player, it can be very useful. And the bridge is very comfortable. It is right up there with the hipshot for me. If you want to go back to a tuneomatic, you can. However, you will have to block the cavity, and the front of the guitar is not going to look right, because the physical bridge covers up a part of the routing that the tuneomatic will not.

I have two ESP with Evertune and adore them. E-II Eclipse and LTD Eclipse as a backup. It’s an incredible contraption, takes a little time to get used to but for me, worth the money. The only complaint I have about the bridge, it’s that acoustically you can hear the spring mechanisms in the guitar when playing certain notes. It’s not bad and doesn’t come through the pickups. I’m a heavy handed player and always had a problem with chords sort of warbling out of tune despite the intonation and tuning being fine, the Evertune keeps everything in pitch without much fiddling. I tune my guitar about once a week and honestly that’s not even necessary.

Spaceboy":2sdmpu9t said:
I have two ESP with Evertune and adore them. E-II Eclipse and LTD Eclipse as a backup. It’s an incredible contraption, takes a little time to get used to but for me, worth the money. The only complaint I have about the bridge, it’s that acoustically you can hear the spring mechanisms in the guitar when playing certain notes. It’s not bad and doesn’t come through the pickups. I’m a heavy handed player and always had a problem with chords sort of warbling out of tune despite the intonation and tuning being fine, the Evertune keeps everything in pitch without much fiddling. I tune my guitar about once a week and honestly that’s not even necessary.

I was worried about the spring noise based seeing a comment like this on multiple occasions, but I wound up having zero spring noise with mine. Don't know what might be causing some to have it and others to not. I am running 10-52 on a 25.5 scale with a F style Evertune bridge in standard and Drop D tuning, so my tension is high. Maybe the tension makes a difference. On the other hand, I have a good amount of spring noise when I use a temol no on a PRS Cu 24, so I know about this kind of issue.

Also wanted to point out that adjusting the evertune bridge to different tunings can be just as easy as any other guitar IF you have it normally setup for a lower tuning and then tune up from there. I set my guitar up for Drop D and then tune up to Standard E just as easy as a normal guitar, with the benefit of my other strings not going slightly out of tune and needing any micro adjustments (because the evertune keeps then in check).

A big reason why I went the evertune route is I have shifted over to using digital drop tuning because I do so much stuff all over the board between Standard E and Drop A# on my 6 strings and got tired of having too many guitars to cover all of this ground. Now that the Axe Fx III has a new and improved Pitch Block and drop tuning feature, which has virtually undetectable lag or artifacts, I am getting rid of all of my lower tuning setups. However digital drop tuning can be very sensitive to being just slightly out of tune or bad intonation, so an evertune is the perfect solution for combatting this.

just snagged the LTD Susi. Why the hell would they ship that guitar in standard E? I'm going to put it into dropC and hope I can make this contraption work. The tension should be similar based on my calculations

crankyrayhanky":chdeqkky said:
just snagged the LTD Susi. Why the hell would they ship that guitar in standard E? I'm going to put it into dropC and hope I can make this contraption work. The tension should be similar based on my calculations

It should definitely work. My second hand Kiesel Aries A6E came in Drop C with 11-56 gauge strings on its 25.5 scale and the Evertune was setup perfectly with this. The only thing you might face is needing to modify the nut if you go with heavier gauge strings.

Should be a great Axe. Had considered one myself.

Back