Thought I was buying a Trans-Black Les Paul...

I think it looks great! Purple, 60's neck, quilt top, what's not to love?

Only problem is that you now need a matching purple amp and 4x12...

Is it a good weight, or chambered all to hell and back?

At least it's not purple with gold hardware like I've seen some LPCs (barf). It is a nice looking guitar for sure although personally I'm not a fan of blue/green/purple on LPs (there are rare times I can dig a blue or green tele/strat so long as it's just painted). But really it doesn't matter what we think at all, it matters whether you like it or not.

Just checking to see what became of this guitar? I got one of these 2011 Quilt-top Regal Purple Les Pauls brand new in the store in 2011 and I had a hard time seeing the purple as well, but man was it the best sounding and playing guitar in the Nashville store at GC.
Gah6i93.jpg

2c654yg.jpg

Badronald":3iypuyrs said:
Webb":3iypuyrs said:
Badronald":3iypuyrs said:
Man, purple guitars are flat out ugly. Just an opinion. Same with green. :thumbsdown:

But hey, if you dig it, keep it. Doesn't matter what I say. ;)

Haha, nice. Luckily I don't think purple guitars are flat out ugly (I also have a purple Wolfgang). I was just surprised since I was in the market for a black LP and thought that's what I was buying. Keeping this and buying another Les Paul is not an option now as I also have an R9 among about 25 other guitars at the moment. I just need to play it more. If I bond with it, I will definitely keep it and maybe buy another LP in trans-black down the line.

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments. :rock:

Understood.

I was going to bash you for not calling and confirming but I knew someone else would step in sooner or later and state the obvious. :thumbsup:

Yep, I was going to bash too. Must be nice to have disposable income to just buy without asking questions. Especially a Les Paul, that could have been somebody's lemon that they unloaded.

Wow, can’t believe this was 3 years ago. Not only did I end up keeping this guitar, but it’s turned into my #1 even to this day. I threw in some Suhr Aldrich pickups and it’s one of the best sounding and playing guitars I’ve ever owned. Glad I took the chance on it.

Webb":2t4hfpg9 said:
Wow, can’t believe this was 3 years ago. Not only did I end up keeping this guitar, but it’s turned into my #1 even to this day. I threw in some Suhr Aldrich pickups and it’s one of the best sounding and playing guitars I’ve ever owned. Glad I took the chance on it.

I love a happy ending!! :rock:

Webb":2s3qs5iy said:

Haha! I didn't even notice it was 3 years ago! Great to hear! Not to mention, I'd take that purple over black any day!

Webb":1kwm8u4j said:

So you do still have it?! Yea I revived the thread just because I saw you came across the same killer LP I did. Its crazy how much smoother these play than all the other Les Pauls I played. Spent around 2 months in Nashville trying to find "the one" and thinking it was Trans Black I grabbed it and it was over then, even though it was really Regal Purple. The Neck cavity should have a big RP.

Adambomb":33ef2m6i said:
Webb":33ef2m6i said:

So you do still have it?! Yea I revived the thread just because I saw you came across the same killer LP I did. Its crazy how much smoother these play than all the other Les Pauls I played. Spent around 2 months in Nashville trying to find "the one" and thinking it was Trans Black I grabbed it and it was over then, even though it was really Regal Purple. The Neck cavity should have a big RP.

Yes, I still have it. :thumbsup:

Webb":zcsuqvqc said:
Adambomb":zcsuqvqc said:
Webb":zcsuqvqc said:

Yes, I still have it. :thumbsup:

Cool. Didn't see your post before. I've actually tried several other pickups in mine, but for some reason the stock Burstbucker 1-2 sounded best. The binding on mine really turned much darker for bleeding of the nitro I guess.

That's awesome! Reckon it was meant to come to ya so give it time.... It's a fine looking guitar so you'll always flip it. (To me lol)

Webb":4xeqbbhx said:
MrDowntown":4xeqbbhx said:
Nice looking guitar. I too dig purple, although i don't own one....i wouldn't kick it out of bed (so to speak).

Crazy, though, that you bought that axe, and didn't' talk with the store manager first to confirm the color, etc... crazy son. :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you gel with it! :thumbsup:

My wife said the same thing about calling the store first before buying. :D

I didn't even know what year the guitar was. The description simply said: "Used Gibson Les Paul Standard Quilt Top" and there was one shitty picture. However, in my defense, it was late on a Sunday night when I was scrolling the used section so I just decided to buy now and ask questions later. Other times I've waited to talk to someone from the store about a used item and missed out. Besides, GC has a pretty good return policy.

GC Used postings are notoriously lacking details and have awful pictures. I had an issue with a Charvel I bought that had its entire back cracked! But the GC listing showed no pictures of the back, just said something like "light scratches". It also was advertised with a case, which of course it did not come with.

Some great deals on GC Used, but gotta be careful and it's a good idea to talk to someone first to verify the details.

EDIT: Oh now I'm seeing this post is from years ago. Oh well. :LOL: :LOL:

Back