Solid state power amp for wet/dry rig

7 Stringer":zzmlifld said:
OK, setup done and proven, had a jam tonight and god damn, sounds huge and wide. Dry in the wet cabs is a must damn it, i am now in the matrix!!!!!!

Will see if it overpowers two guitars in the mix tomorrow night, it is seriously big sounding, perfect for a one guitarist scenario. I think that with a mixer like this you have way more control, i can adjust the wet/dry mix to a T and add as much or little dry as i want, EQ to boot to fine tune with the main cab. I can even add my H9 in there with ease, will need to make space in the drawer for that.

I made a shelf in my spare storage area in the rack, added some rubber feet to give the mixer an angle.

Pics:

:rawk: :cheers: :thumbsup:

7 Stringer":1irzbf17 said:
It god damn works guys, and it works awesome, no hiss, no clipping, pure reproduction of my dry tone. I can adjust the EQ too so i can add mids or whatever it needs. Pretty flat now with a touch of bass and reduced highs.

A bit tricky to get everything leveled as i need to teeak my presets accordingly, i can't put all the effects 100% as i need to balance my preset before hand and then blend in with the mixer and add as much dry as i want in the wet cabs.

Now i know what you ment in adding some dry. Before, i blended the dry through the processor, sounded like shit, that phasing issue. No more with the $60 mixer.

I will make my self a little bracket and tuck the mixer in the back of my little compartment in my road case, fits right in there. Gonna be perfect with some custum cut wiring and all.

I am stoked now. Really happy with my findings and it cost nothing!!!!!!!!

please explain the "phasing issue" part a little better. if there are phase issues adding in dry wont help, only reversing polarity. are you describing something else?

barnesjd":3hny9wwl said:
Not trying to hijack your thread here, but I'm curious... do y'all find that using a SS power amp changes the speakers you like? I would imagine the dynamics between the speaker and amp would be different enough to change what sounds best to your ears.

yes, I find it does. whenever I went wet, dry or wet dry wet, it always had to be tube for me, adding the SS stuff sounded well, solid state lol.

Back