Played the new Masotti Mezzabarba today!!!

mooncobra

I know Masotti makes the Mezzabarba, but it might be a separate amp company. Anyhow, I played the 100 watt MZERO and it was AWESOME!! This thing roars like an old modded Marshall, or it can do the blues really well also, all around killer amp. Here are some clips from youtube, one of them is Doug E Rapps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_i_kygSaRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcRT85dbJZg - Doug E Rapps killing it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqxaQKiowzg

this is a GREAT amp!! I have a Masotti x100m and that kills also. If you get a chance play one, they are fun to play. Great touch sensitivity, articulate, and has some serious grind!!

ibzprestige":3o4j2uij said:
Definitely want to try one of those out!!

Dude, they are AWESOME!!! just listen to that Doug E Rapps demo!! It can get a LOT of gain going, with SERIOUS Cameron grind!! its a great amp!! check one out if you get the chance. the same guy also makes Masotti, if you get a chance check out the x100m, another really great amp!!

mooncobra":2kjzh4hd said:
ibzprestige":2kjzh4hd said:

Dude, they are AWESOME!!! just listen to that Doug E Rapps demo!! It can get a LOT of gain going, with SERIOUS Cameron grind!! its a great amp!! check one out if you get the chance. the same guy also makes Masotti, if you get a chance check out the x100m, another really great amp!!

What shop were you able to find one in? If I'm in California soon I may have to go and try one!

I've often wondered how many different hot rodded marshall type sounds people can keep coming out with, but dam..... this thing sounds fantastic. Are these another amp company that is bases outside of the USA which will make it even harder to EVER get to try one of these out in person? :doh:

ibzprestige":2sk1vetj said:
mooncobra":2sk1vetj said:
ibzprestige":2sk1vetj said:

What shop were you able to find one in? If I'm in California soon I may have to go and try one!

Bananas at Large in san Rafael has them, California that is, and yes, they are outside the US. they are made in Italy. The guy who owns and founded Masotti, Pierre Mezzabarba, started up Mezzabarba around a year ago. All his amps are great. I remember a guy on here, Lordriffenstein, he got one directly from them I believe. Talk to him. See if he has any good info.

I indeed own a MZero Overdrive. I used to own a Masotti X100M and sold it years ago, something I have always regretted.
Last year, Pierangelo offered to ship some of his new stuff for people to check out during my ampfest and the MZero amps made a HUGE impression. Even though I'm not a high gain player (more blues rock/southern rock), I just could not be without the killer tones in the MZero Overdrive.

Mine has 2 custom options, a switchable boost on ch1 and dual master volumes. Ch1 has a good clean, there are better clean channels but it LOVES pedals. However, engage the boost that mine has and you are in total plexi heaven. I actually own a 1968 50w smallbox plexi and this amp comes amazingly close to it but at lower volumes and with added benefit of the loop. And in this setting, it still takes pedals really well. I could play an entire bluesrock gig on this channel with just a Klone (Archer) in front. The lead or high gain channel is balls to the wall rock sound. To me it is plexi meets SLO, big thumb, great clarity and bite. And it totally cleans up.

What I love most of all about this amp is how well it retains the character of any guitar you plug into it, whether it is a tele, strat or a humbucker guitar, the amp has it's own tonal characteristics but the guitar character is ALWAYS there.

Some quick clips, mostly with Iphone or Zoom Q3

Just for clarify... Mezzabarba Amplification is made by Masotti Guitar Devices.
In the future the amps will be made only with the brand Mezzabarba, and the devices by Masotti.
I spoke to him this morning, and seem he want to have separate the products line.

I'm not associated, we are friends :rock:

BarbZero":5xhnl8pj said:
Hi guys, FYI also Destroy All Guitar carries Mezzabarba: http://www.destroyallguitars.com

My Masotti x100m is absolutely amazing!! I wish I had the cash for the Mezzabarba Mzero Overdrive. After I played it, I was blown away. It has everything I love in an amp, punchiness, clear, tight usable gain, and it remains very articulate regardless of what you are playing, I guess some guys call it note separation, this thing has it in spades. I will be getting a little camera soon and recording program and do a proper demo of the Masotti x100m. This thing slays. Same guy makes both Masotti and Mezzabarba. According to the guy who posted above, the amps will be Mezzabarba and devices Masotti.

Hi Mooncobra, yes that's correct. Pierangelo Mezzabarba founded Masotti Guitar Devices back in 1998 and used to brand both amps as well as guitar devices (e.g. loopers, overdrives, etc.) as "Masotti". Then Masotti started producing a super high-end line of amps which was named Mezzabarba after its mastermind -you guessed it, Pierangelo. Due to the increasing popularity of the Mezzabarba branded amps, in the past couple of years the two brands were separated so that all of the amps are branded Mezzabarba and all of the guitar devices are branded as... Masotti Guitar Devices.

mooncobra":hzkoqlab said:
It has everything I love in an amp, punchiness, clear, tight usable gain, and it remains very articulate regardless of what you are playing, I guess some guys call it note separation, this thing has it in spades.

THIS!!

Couldn't have said it better.

:rock: :rock:

I quickly recorded this last Friday, jamming after work and having a lot of fun.
Modded SD9 into the 1st channel (Amp boost is also on). RSP550 in the loop for delays, Tyler SSS strat.

Back