John Norum. Underated as f#%k!!!!!

napalmdeath":1f3dzpvr said:
psychodave":1f3dzpvr said:
yngzaklynch":1f3dzpvr said:

He's using a Cameron modded Marshall on this album.

Not sure where you read/heard that, but the only modded Marshall I know of that he's used was Friedman modded. His core tone on the majority of albums he's played on have been a JCM800 2205, unmolested, given to him by Michael Schenker. Live, he uses 2210's, and Jubilees, both 100 watters.
Pretty well known that Norum used a Cameron Modded Marshall on Another Destination. If you look at the album credits Cameron is mentioned, and there is an interview with Norum where he states it. No Friedman amps have ever been mentioned. Unless he's using one now, and to my knowledge his go to amps are still the 2205s that you've mentioned, but he uses them with KT88s instead of 34s. Like Schenker he favors the channel switchers.
Before it was an 'Aldrich' mod it was the Norum mod...Mark did one for Norum and one for his wife.
This info is all from RT posts from long ago....
viewtopic.php?t=24597

and another old thread...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=125045

Racerxrated":34yysnf6 said:
napalmdeath":34yysnf6 said:
psychodave":34yysnf6 said:
yngzaklynch":34yysnf6 said:

Not sure where you read/heard that, but the only modded Marshall I know of that he's used was Friedman modded. His core tone on the majority of albums he's played on have been a JCM800 2205, unmolested, given to him by Michael Schenker. Live, he uses 2210's, and Jubilees, both 100 watters.
Pretty well known that Norum used a Cameron Modded Marshall on Another Destination. If you look at the album credits Cameron is mentioned, and there is an interview with Norum where he states it. No Friedman amps have ever been mentioned. Unless he's using one now, and to my knowledge his go to amps are still the 2205s that you've mentioned, but he uses them with KT88s instead of 34s. Like Schenker he favors the channel switchers.
Before it was an 'Aldrich' mod it was the Norum mod...Mark did one for Norum and one for his wife.
viewtopic.php?t=24597

Yup.

When Mark did my Aldrich mod he made it a Norum/Aldrich mod. It has some switches to give me that smooth Norum tone.

psychodave":24vv0f6k said:
Racerxrated":24vv0f6k said:
napalmdeath":24vv0f6k said:
psychodave":24vv0f6k said:
yngzaklynch":24vv0f6k said:

viewtopic.php?t=24597

Yup.

When Mark did my Aldrich mod he made it a Norum/Aldrich mod. It has some switches to give me that smooth Norum tone.

One thing's for sure, his tone always delivers, on any album.

It's funny, depends on what you read, and where. His own website says nothing about it, and makes no mention of using KT88's. But, I have no idea how old his website's info is..

http://www.johnnorum.se/gear/amps/

metalmaniac93":4rkflpib said:
Norum destroys!!!! Been a fan well since The Final Countdown and pretty much the only reason I liked Europe although I do dig their later stuff with Norum. This guitar solo kills!!

Yep I like Norums playing since way back..he always has some of the best tones period,and awesome chops.

Back