Boss Katana

Beandust":3kg43lwv said:
Not sure where your reading my post where I put I* was in reference to you?????????? That meant me!!!! Last time I checked that is what I* means... maybe your paranoid or figured it was some hidden message on your account? Sorry, I was talking about me and MY BE100 not yours.wtf dude. I'll try the equipment in the edit

Well, because I'm the one in this thread earlier who said that I could use the Katana over my BE and be completely happy with it (almost direct quote if i remember correctly). ;) I assumed. My apologies.

atrox":366i8avr said:
Beandust":366i8avr said:
The boss isn't digital sounding like the podhd500x I had, I had the spider valve and like it a tad better (100watthead) but it was digital and a tad sterile. The Katana is definitely not digital. A little rough on the tone stack, at least for me. Just got it today. Saying I can use it instead of a BE100 and be just as happy is a fucking LIE!!! It's a cool piece of gear but a master volume channel switching moded modern plexi it is not and shouldn't be mentioned anywhere in the same paragraph.

Cool. So i'm lying? Sure, it's not nearly as dynamic as my BE, but if my BE was down or unavailable and all i had is my Katana, i'd have zero issues gigging that fucker. I got it to sound extremely close to my Friedman. Yes... missing the dynamics that makes the Friedman so glorious, but the tone was very close at gigging volumes. Add the ParaEQ in the FX slot and you can get pretty much any tone you want out of it.

Will it replace my BE? Hell no. The Boss sits in my basement hooked up to my computer for recording, but i'm sure happy as hell that i can always use that as a backup.

I do actually prefer the tone of Katana over my DSL100.

Also, the Katana sounds better at band volumes. IMO... waaaaay better
TGP horseshit! Didn't say you, said I* detective Sumreset, hey I got an idea, you play your gear and I'll play mine and my results will be just that! Peace

Ok dude. You already said that. I already apologized for the misunderstanding on my part.

I haven't been to TGP in years.

All good, easy for things to get crossed up. Was not quoting you on that post, I had read where peeps were mentioning very good comparisons to tube heads, be100 being one. I like the Katana a good bit. I can't seem to get the low end as warm and the mids are not as articulate as my BE100. It's fun to play regardless, maybe I'll get that tone eventually,only had it a day. Hoping the filter mentioned in the software edit may get me there. Peace and Rock 2u!

Was doing the Saturday night jam with my drummer last night. Started out with the Archon. Excellent tone. Sounded great ! Plugged into the Katana. Excellent tone. Sounded great! I must be out of my fucking mind as well. :LOL: :LOL:
It holds its own. Does not sound like any other amp I own. Really dig it.
Better then sliced bread and will suck my dick daily? :LOL: :LOL:
Maybe :D

Beandust. Play with that parametric eq in the fx slot. You can adjust lower and higher mids. Each even has a Q setting. I found it very useful.

Also, the Katana really likes my Friedman cab over my Marshall cab.

Man I'm hoping to get some tine with mine today. This weekend has been super busy. It's just sitting there looking all pissed at me for not paying it any attention.

I just played the Brown channel. No effects. Just my eq in the loop. It was slamming crisp tight tone.
Not bragging this amp up by any means. Just laying out my personal experience.
And this amp fn brings it. And then some :yes:

I just ordered one of the heads from MF today. Sucks that it's back ordered and I won't have an amp for a couple weeks, but their prices and rewards points are too good to go elsewhere. I had some cash back to use so it came to $281 after a coupon and I should get some additional cash back from this order as well. Supposed to be another 16% cash back which would be awesome. Hopefully that's the case, but I have a weird feeling that the extra discount they gave me today is somehow going to override that 16% cash back.

If it all goes as planned then it'll be <$250 for a brand new one. Pretty slick. Hopefully I like it as I already miss my Mark V 25.

Gsxrbusa":1onxu5vc said:
I made a grandpa's guitar clip. I normally don't play acoustic and I suck at it but whatever. The Katana has an acoustic channel. Not an acoustic sim from what I understand, it's more a channel for your acoustic guitar. This is a cheaper Ibanez.

Man, sounds like a proper acoustic amp! Damn! How is the Clean channel? I've heard clips online and the clean seems very good.

Purpleibby":3c8mfcqt said:
Gsxrbusa":3c8mfcqt said:
I made a grandpa's guitar clip. I normally don't play acoustic and I suck at it but whatever. The Katana has an acoustic channel. Not an acoustic sim from what I understand, it's more a channel for your acoustic guitar. This is a cheaper Ibanez.

Man, sounds like a proper acoustic amp! Damn! How is the Clean channel? I've heard clips online and the clean seems very good.

Just an added bonus with this acoustic amp setting/channel for sure. :rock:

I like the clean but I also like chorus with my clean. It sounds good but I need to compare it to my old '80s CE-2. I'm a big fan of that pedal.

Mailman1971":3qk5hhzg said:
Gsxrbusa":3qk5hhzg said:
Mailman1971":3qk5hhzg said:
:LOL: :LOL:
You are a good bud man. :cheers:

Brothers to the end :cheers:
Yup. Without French kissing. Your my friend man.
Sorry. Tipping a few back.
Where's Marty??
He is my wing man. :LOL: :LOL:

:cheers2:

He's probably driving some big ass truck somewhere. Or jamming on his million amps. :LOL: :LOL:

Put the parametric filter in the FX section to approximate amps.

For example: diezel dmoll- use the LEAD setting, set high pass to 40 (i actually use 63 as it suits me better), low pass to 8k and set the low mid to a Q of 4 and volume to -4 or -5 for approximating midcut. Nails 95 percent of the vibe of my Dmoll when A/B'd.

Wih my axe fx as a data resource I just look at the models to see where the highs and lows are filtered and I start there which is a major part of indivdual amp voicings.

Unfortunately you cannot use the EQ and delay simultaneously. ( a huge oversight). With a few small changes the V2 of the katana could be PERFECT.

The clunky fx setup where you cant just use what you want, no tuner and limited MIDI are my only conplaints.

Going to try it as the wet side of a W/D With the Dmoll feeding its preamp into the katana loop return.
Using it as FX and poweramp.

moltenmetalburn":3ngddwks said:
Put the parametric filter in the FX section to approximate amps.

For example: diezel dmoll- use the LEAD setting, set high pass to 40, low pass to 6.3k and set the low mid to a Q or 4 and volume to -4 or -5 for midcut. Nails 95 percent of the vibe of my Dmoll when A/B.

Wih my axe fx as a data resource I just look at the models to see where the highs and lows are filtered and I start there which is a major part of indivdual amp voicings.

Unfortunately you cannot use the EQ and delay simultaneously. ( a huge oversight). With a few small changes the V2 of the katana could be PERFECT.

The clunky fx setup where you cant just use what you want, no tuner and limited MIDI are my only conplaints.

Going to try it as the wet side of a W/D With the Dmoll feeding its preamp into the katana loop return.
Using it as FX and poweramp.

Sure you can. Slap the ParaEQ in the Mod section and adjust the chain so the mods are in the loop. Then you have the delay free to use. :)

This is how i have my main gain channel set up

Back