Cell phone / mobile jamming - iRig or Apogee?

Inearthed

For cell phone jamming / practice / demo ideas

iRig HD 2 or Apogee Jam 96k or iRig Pro Duo or other?

I used the Line6 Sonic Port for quite a while with BIAS on my iPad and iPhone with good results.

i use the iRig HD with Jamup Pro\Bias and love it. Had the original iRig and had all kinds of latency, hated it. Apogee is supposed to be the tits but I've not been able to try one.

I'd say get any of them. They all work fine IMO.

I had the original Apogee Jam and it worked great. I sold it...

Now I have a $3 Irig knockoff from China and it also works great. No latency.

The one issue with the Irig knockoff is that you HAVE to use headphones.

I am not sure why but if you do not plug in the headphones, the sound still does not come out of the phone for some reason.

I have only used it for that so I cannot comment on routing to Power amp or anything like that.

I say if it is just for home use and you don't mind headphones get the $3 Chinese knock off. There is literally no audible difference between that and the $100 Apogee Jam. Not any that you are going to notice.

Edit: The biggest issue I had with Apogee Jam was replacement lightning cables. Good luck finding one for a fair price if and when it shorts out on you.

Michi":36ovjmjz said:
I used the Line6 Sonic Port for quite a while with BIAS on my iPad and iPhone with good results.

Same here. I have been using this to jam at home for years. The line6 has a free app you can use too. I went with Bias because of the features of the jam tool. Import songs and jam along. Slow down, change pitch, loop, etc. Great tool.

Back