Single Channel Build Progress

scottosan

Decided to take a break form channel switchers and build a straight forward fire breather. Faceplates come in Friday so I anticipate have this thing up and running by the weekend.

IMG_3521.JPG

psychodave":17qxj1gp said:
Nice.
What kind of head shell?
standard large box headshell. 100 watt 8 knobs. Another Jose type build this time with Mercury Transformers.

I so want to do more builds, but so don't need any more amps. So I just scour eBay for amps that aren't working and I try to repair them. First one I got only needed tubes, so not too challenging. Second one just needed some cold solder joints fixed and new pots. If my work were clean enough, I could do builds and sell them after enjoying them for a while, and I'd be happy to break even. But I'm running out of room for projects.

Nice work as always scott! What choke are you going with? I have a spare heyboer 3h if you need.

CrazyNutz":suhiu5kc said:
Nice work as always scott! What choke are you going with? I have a spare heyboer 3h if you need.
Im using a Metro-Heyboer Dagnall C1999 spec. This build will be a hybrid Atomica/CCV. Single Channel Atomica preamp, but with both gain controls and the extra features in the power amp ala CCV, but single voltage ~485v

scottosan":yn3sox42 said:
CrazyNutz":yn3sox42 said:
Im using a Metro-Heyboer Dagnall C1999 spec. This build will be a hybrid Atomica/CCV. Single Channel Atomica preamp, but with both gain controls and the extra features in the power amp ala CCV, but single voltage ~485v

Nice! Should be a killer amp.

What was the stock voltage on the Atomicas? I've seen the transformer model listed but never found a data sheet for it and IIRC it's not on the schem floating around either.

technomancer":23hb069f said:
scottosan":23hb069f said:
CrazyNutz":23hb069f said:

What was the stock voltage on the Atomicas? I've seen the transformer model listed but never found a data sheet for it and IIRC it's not on the schem floating around either.
its my understanding that the atomica is a single gain pot controlled Jose with Friedman Power section and uses classitones vs the MM in the CCV

scottosan":2hq19dnh said:
technomancer":2hq19dnh said:
scottosan":2hq19dnh said:
CrazyNutz":2hq19dnh said:

its my understanding that the atomica is a single gain pot controlled Jose with Friedman Power section and uses classitones vs the MM in the CCV

Yep that was my understanding as well. I believe the Old Bitch used classictones as well. Thanks.

Faceplates in. Need to add and wire in the mini toggles

Attachments

• 2BBA8944-5890-42CE-A91E-E90E36BB2BC4.jpeg
    2BBA8944-5890-42CE-A91E-E90E36BB2BC4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,089
Nice! Is this going to fit in a standard bigbox head shell? Looks like you have all the controls packed together to pull this off.

Back