Suggest a mobile/travel rig?

Econ

I’m in need to get a mobile/travel rig that I can take with me to play when I’m on the road for work. I have a Kiesel Vader that I will take as my travel guitar, but need to figure out what to get for amplification. Being size an issue here, modeling will have to do. My thoughts as to possible options are:

1. Mooer GE 200
2. BluAmp
3. Some software program to be used with an Ipad

Any solutions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I mainly play 80’s metal and hard rock, so having a decent clean and distorted sound is key.

I probably should have clarify that I need something that will fit on my guitar case and I’ll be able to take with me on planes every time I travel.

GOHOINC":1c49ujlx said:
How bout an irig and some of the plugins?

This.

You are not going to find a more convenient option. Bias sounds pretty freaking good too.

I have a Zoom MS-50G for a number of years now and even though I regularly do fly gigs with it, I find it very mediocre, but acceptable. Until I updated it to a new firmware two days ago. Man, they thrown in a dozen of new amp models and I still can't get enough of their MS Crunch amp boosted with their version of Klon.

You will laugh, but the tone and feel is totally comparable with my CCV through Torpedo Reload and Celestion 4x12 Greenback IR's. I don't believe that I would ever say or write something this ridiculous, but either I'm going insane or they really did a great job! Unreal!

The only drawback is that you cannot try out new models on a factory pre set pedal, you need to connect it via USB with PC or Mac update it to 3.0 and then load those extra amps and FX from their app. You practically have to buy it.

I'll make a clip, but cannot until Monday. Gotta fly to my next show in the morning. Can't wait to try it out in a band situation.

I’m also willing to spend money on thr right solution. Wan’t something that will keep me inspired while I’m away from my tube amps.

Back