***Update***:Need some advice on a transaction

phil b":2rw3t35c said:
LanierP":2rw3t35c said:
mhenson42":2rw3t35c said:
Beandust":2rw3t35c said:
Racerxrated":2rw3t35c said:
Ebay/Paypal aren't supposed to release the refund to the buyer until the amp is proven returned through tracking, or so I thought? How could they give the buyer his refund without first proving you received the amp back? This is the process last I knew....

So did paypal have an answer as to why they released these funds before the merchandise was returned to you? As this is stated that is the policy? Didn't see a reply on this as to why they released the funds before the tracking was confirmed u had received the amp back. They sent him money without proper procedure. Seems that should be unlawful and they are responsible if they indeed took money from your bank account before this was confirmed returned? What's the reply from paypal as to why they did this?

I think it was said above that the guy bought with paypal credit, so no money would have ever gone back to him regardless. It would have been applied to the balance of his paypal credit account. That's the issue here. Paypal pulled the money to cover their loan to the buyer who was obviously not going to pay them - therefore they'd stick the loss on the seller.

Exactly correct. He used Paypal credit, and actually wouldn’t have had to make a payment for 4 months if the transaction had gone thru without any problem. When he opened a case against me with Paypal, my Paypal account went into a suspended status until a resolution to the case is made. I called and spoke with paypal and stated that I will refund the buyer in full on the condition that 1.) the buyer show proof that the merchandise has been returned with a tracking #, and 2.) that the buyer provide to me pictures of the amp from all sides(front, back, sides, top, and bottom). Paypal said ok, we will relate your info to the buyer and get back to you with a result. The next day, my bank account was debit’d the 850$ and the case closed.
Every call I have made to Paypal has resulted in the ‘run around’ on their end. I even had one lady tell me that most shippers don’t want the item back, as it is too much hassle and not worth it! My last conversation with them was a week ago that they were going to put in a request to re-open the case. And still nothing from them. I’ve grown tired of dealing with Paypal, getting all red faced over the phone with them over this time and again. Going the BOA chargeback route right now. We will see what happens. If this fails, I’ll have my Lawyer buddy send them a letter.

But even so, in writing as per their own policy I still cant see how this is legal for Paypal to do this! Proof of taking funds from you without proof of you receiving the merchandise back is all sorts of illegal regardless of what funds the buyer used to purchase. :confused: :confused: Makes me almost want to reach out to a lawyer myself cause someone jumped the gun giving him funds from you without proof of return delivery, which was EXACTLY the process of what I went thru a few years ago. :doh: I would have your lawyer buddy write them a letter asap explaining the facts and threatening a lawsuit. Forget their idiot customer service reps at this point. This should be cut and dry once their legal team sees this. Thats who I would deal with thru your buddy.
Exactly. Doesnt matter which paypal was used. A dispute involving a return or a refund/return is just that. It sounds like paypal is hoping you will give up and they dont have to eat it. They jumped the gun returning his funds before traking was confirmed he had returned the amp and now he is due a refund. Seems pretty simple how badly they fucked this up regardless of some dirt scum fucktard!

LanierP":2o6qcw7v said:
Currently Suing Paypal. I’ll update as soon as I get some news.

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm (probably) wrong, but my guess is that there are very many people who have been scammed in a similar way. Potentially enough for a class action lawsuit.

If there are any lawyers in here, please chime in. If a class action suit is an option, it would be far more powerful than just you suing.

LanierP":4xfgtjf2 said:
Currently Suing Paypal. I’ll update as soon as I get some news.

Good for you! They enabled this entire situation by allowing your item to be purchased with the PP credit program extended to the buyer then refunded the buyer violating their own brokered return agreement between you and PP.

I hope justice is swift and in your favor, I don't see how they could prevail here with all the evidence you have.

:thumbsup: Good for you man, don't let them pull one over on you.

Can't believe they would refund this fucker without confirmation of you receiving your item back.

Back