Whats the craziest thing you've seen at a concert!!

incubus and deftones in the late 90s or early 2000's. i was in the middle of the floor during incubus, and this dude i knew from my high school run into us, and was chatting for a bit. then out of no where he goes "watch this", and throws this like full 40oz soda from "Center ice" all the way to the stage and totally nailed that douchebag singer for incubus. he didn't react at all, he just kept singing like a pro....but man, did he ever nail him! :LOL: :LOL: I began to inch away so as to no get kicked out lol. not that crazy, but for a guy who was a burn out, he sure did show his sandbagged quarterback skills :LOL: :LOL:

the same dio show i mentioned before with the naked dude.... i was probably 17. i was standing near the front on craig goldys side, and before dio came out, this 50 year old cougar came up from behind and full on grabbed my entire package with one hand, and started putting her hands through my hair with the other, pretty much sexually assulting me. I was so boyish lookin back then too, it was kinda creepy. if it happened now, i'd be thrilled :LOL: :LOL:

JimAnsell":p08mpxxr said:
incubus and deftones in the late 90s or early 2000's. i was in the middle of the floor during incubus, and this dude i knew from my high school run into us, and was chatting for a bit. then out of no where he goes "watch this", and throws this like full 40oz soda from "Center ice" all the way to the stage and totally nailed that douchebag singer for incubus. he didn't react at all, he just kept singing like a pro....but man, did he ever nail him! :LOL: :LOL: :

Damn, that's kinda shitty honestly, Brandon Boyd is one of the coolest guys I have ever met in the music business. Super down to earth and friendly to everyone.

I was at a WASP concert in the early 2000s, don't remember the exact year but Darrell Roberts was the guitar player at the time. I had recently been diagnosed with diverticulitis and was on two strong antibiotics. My doc said don't drink alcohol on these because they are really hard on your kidneys and you won't like it anyway, because alcohol plus these meds will create a sickening metallic taste in your mouth.

I decided to drink anyway and eventually the metallic taste went away. I was maybe 20 feet from the stage and there was a small pit going on and I was trying to stay on the outside of it and enjoy the concert. Then I spontaneously barfed out my ass. I tried to walk away like nothing had happened but it soon became obvious I had shit myself in an anal assault of booze and medications.

2009 at what used to be the LC Pavilion in Columbus, during Lamb of God's set a guy fell from the balcony and landed hard. Show stops immediately, the band just hangs out on stage while the medics rush over. About 10 minutes go by and the guy's still down and then they finally carry him off. Randy goes "only in Columbus", and then the show carried on.

That show also sticks in my memory because I was really there for Children of Bodom, and 2 weeks later Alexi broke his shoulder so I was glad to catch him before that. Also first time I had ever heard/saw Municipal Waste who opened, been a huge fan ever since.

I was at Ozzfest years ago when it was at the Blossom Music Center outside Cleveland when Disturbed was playing in the middle of the day and people lost their minds. It was when they were on their first album. People in the lawn section started ripping up the grass and throwing it. It was like the sky was raining dirt. At one point, I had a three foot chunk of sod fall onto my head, only to turn around and find three people fighting back laughter. I just shrugged it off and went back in the pit.

I remember taking a shower right after we got back at my buddy's house. I just stood hunched over rinsing the mud out of my dreadlocks and watching the brown water circle the drain. We all came home covered in dirt after that show.

The other good one was at the House of Blues in Cleveland for an Opeth show. A guy grabbed my attention mid song to tell me someone peed on his leg. When I finally realized what he was saying, I looked down and saw that I was standing in a puddle. I moved over a few steps and watched the show. After the song, Mikael Akerfeldt as BSing with the crowd. The guy shouted "Someone peed on me!" And Mikael had the same reaction I did:

"What?"

The crowd laughed and he moved on to the next song.

Rush with Joe Perry Project opening, at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin in 1981:
Walking down the cement stairs to our seats, a biker dude in front of us slipped and fell, cracking his head open on the stairs... and blood spattered all over my white shoes. I was 15 years old and it left an impression on me that I think about just about every time I'm in a crowd on a staircase at a concert or sporting event.

UltraGary":wz8w9a8p said:
Rush with Joe Perry Project opening, at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin in 1981:
Walking down the cement stairs to our seats, a biker dude in front of us slipped and fell, cracking his head open on the stairs... and blood spattered all over my white shoes. I was 15 years old and it left an impression on me that I think about just about every time I'm in a crowd on a staircase at a concert or sporting event.

damn, thats would freak me out too. saw something similar at a red wings game at Joe louis arena in the 90's. the beer guy walking up and down the stairs fell and got knocked out cold. ems had to take him out, but the game never stopped. so drunk guys were yelling at the medics to hurry up and get out of the way. people are dicks :LOL: :LOL:
i'm super paranoid walking up and down steep steps at venues like that too because of that.

Mines more awesome than crazy.

Zakk and Black Label Society around 2001 at The Canyon Club in Arlington, Texas.

I took a first date. Thought it was going to be Pride and Glory but I realized at 13 Years of Grief that it was something different ha. The girl and I are on the edge of the mosh pit. It gets spirited in there so I take her and get her outta there. When we settled in I look to my right and standing right next to me was Dimebag. He had a red solo cup and was just nodding along with the music. We did the obligatory “sup” head nod and stayed there the rest of the show. He was super chill.

Zakk was so loud but his amps got lost in the mix. Fun show though!

I was at Ozzfest years ago when it was at the Blossom Music Center outside Cleveland when Disturbed was playing in the middle of the day and people lost their minds. It was when they were on their first album. People in the lawn section started ripping up the grass and throwing it. It was like the sky was raining dirt. At one point, I had a three foot chunk of sod fall onto my head, only to turn around and find three people fighting back laughter. I just shrugged it off and went back in the pit.
The same in Hartford, CT.

1980 UMASS Basketball type studium, Holyoke, MA. Jeff Beck on his "There and Back" tour. The warm up band, The Paul Stanley Band was booed off the stage after half a song, it was funny, the crowd's yelling was actually louder than the band. Anyway, the announcer came out after about an hour and told that Jeff was sick and wasn't going to perform. We stayed there screaming for Jeff until we sobered up and at approximately 1AM he came out and proceeded to start smashing guitars every song. Simon Phillips, his drummer was 18 years old and you couldn't see his arms moving he was playing so fast. Jeff must've smashed 10 guitars that night.

My ears are still ringing from Ritchie Blackmore, another guitar smasher, but you knew he was just smashing junk, Jeff on the other hand was smashing good guitars. I'd love to ask Jeff about it. He may have smashed a million doolars worth of guitars at todays prices.

I don't think I ever saw Brian Lee, a friend who went with Bill Mulville and I, again.

Dethklok's first tour. They were supposed to be the opening band for And They Shall Know Us By The Trail of the Dead. Stupid name.

I later learned that Berkley freaked the fuck out when the headliner came out and essentially booed them off the stage. So, the promoter, being the geniuses behind Adult Swim at the time, decided it was simply the order of the bands. Dethklok got people too worked up.

So by the time they get to us in South Dakota, it's the other way around. I've never seen a more dead crowd than during that opening act. Literally, people just sat in their chairs staring blankly the entire set. Not a clap to be heard. Not a single voice rose up. They had up textable screens in the theater for when there wasn't something going on on stage. Anybody in the crowd could text the screen and it would get put up. All sorts of goofy shit went up there, but I will never, ever forget the very first message that came up when the opener (I'm not retyping that nonsense) finished. "Well...that was pretty terrible."

It was just a horrible fit for Dethklok. Despite the name, that band was as heavy as a box of feathers. And as somebody that can listen to about anything and find something to appreciate, especially live, I got absolutely nothing out of it. I would have felt bad for them had they been any good at all.

So after sitting on our hands for a forty-five minute set, Dethklok comes out and absolute insanity ensued. Worth it in the end, but they really should have switched the other band on the bill.

Another night, Killswitch Engage with Chimaira, Lacuna Coil and Zillion playing a house show between big sets opening with Disturbed on the Music as a Weapon 4 tour. I had seen all except Zillion two days prior at a much bigger venue and was still pretty beat up from it. So after Chimaira and Lacuna were done I moved to the back and let the youngsters keep throwing down. I set myself up right behind the sound guys so I can watch them work their magic and still enjoy the tunes. Off to the right there's this group of late teen/early twenties girls taking turns bending over and spanking each other. Fun enough to watch when bored with the band.

So this fat fucking fifty year old seems to think they're handing out free samples and stumbles his drunk ass up to them and starts grabbing. The girls rightfully start screaming and throwing a massive fit. I and a few others run up and pull him off them. Security gets involved, and wants to toss the girls out for causing a disturbance. I tried in my calmest possible manner to explain what actually happened and that if they were going to toss the girls they were going to toss me and my friends too and we wouldn't go quietly. Most of us are six foot plus and well over two hundred pounds. They called the cops expecting it to escalate. Cops get there, we explain what happened. The girls tell their side. The fat drunk cries into his hands the entire time.

Then the cops haul him off and tell us and the girls to enjoy the rest of the show.

Two nights prior I'm standing in line to get some water before Disturbed hits the stage and this dude that towers over me approaches me wreaking of beer. I'm wearing my Bugs Bunny Singing t-shirt, where Bugs has his big show-time pose. Dude walks up and goes, "Are you a christian?"

"No, I definitely wouldn't say I'm a christian."

He gives a little huff and goes, "I got a friend that's a christian. He'd wear a shirt like that."

"Cool."

He nods all sage like and goes, "Yeah. Cool." Then he wanders away.

I thought I was about to get beat down. Over Bugs Bunny of all things.

Largest pit I ever saw broke out at that show. The drum lead in for Land of Confusion barely finished before it seemed like the entire floor of the Target Center was moving as one. Absolutely insane.

Best stage diving and mosh pit ever without a doubt - The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza - holy mother fucking crazy, it made the pits at Ozzfest look pedestrian in comparison. As soon as the band started, the kids popped up like corks! There was so many kids on stage at one point you couldn't see the band, knucking futs!

A couple of Lamb of God and Gojira war pits get silver medals for the big thing they do where people get divided two huge walls and ram into each other from like 50 feet, those were dangerous as fuck but fun to watch.

errrrrl":2nxvbi52 said:
I worked stage security for a Red Hot Chili Peppers in Hawaii, June 1989 about 2 months before Mother Milk came out. I literally sat on stage about 5 feet in front of Flea. At one point I see this group of chicks in front of me smile and their eyes were literally bugging out of their head reacting to something. So I turned around and Flea was about 3 feet from me with his pants pulled down swinging his dick in circles, then grabs the mic and says "This is my dick, just thought you should know".. then he starts banging the mic against his dick and you just hear the PA making loud booms and the crowd went nuts.

After the show I was hanging out with friends talking about the night and we see their manager with a line of hot chicks, they literally line up and stand their like a pageant. Then Anthony Kiedis and John Frusciante come out in robes and did a few takes and hand picked a few each and they went back stage.

LOL!! Dude, please tell me that was at Gussie L'Amours by the airport.

Saw many shows at Six Flags Darien Lake (near Buffalo).

We were just at the park that day and a guy on the Superman ride was yelling “Creeeeed” “Creeeeeed” as they were playing that night. He was first bumping anyone around him while we were going up the lift and he encountered someone with a big ass ring and he started bleeding. That shut him up.

At a local show at a park one of the singers lept into the crowd from a stage that must have been a good 6ft high and they all parted like the Red Sea. He was covered in dirt/dust, got back on stage and yelled at the crowd.

Saw Killswitch Engage at an Ozzfest in Pittsburgh and the crowd wasn’t to Adam’s liking. He goes something like “I hope there’s enough tampons for all these pussys out there”.

In 2008 I was a freelance photographer on my way to cover a concert and got a speeding ticket. I wrote out a letter, dressed up and saw the judge a month later. The judge read it, laughed then reduced it immediately. In the letter, which had my name next to the published photo, I told the judge "I just couldn't drive 55" as I was on my way to photograph Sammy Hagar! The area I was pulled over had a 55mph limit as well! When I hear it on the radio I smile and call my dad every time as it has become a funny thing we do to each other. Is there a better reason to be speeding?

My brother and I listened to Opie and Anthony and heard about Brian Regan say 2003ish that he was gonna be in Pittsburgh which is like 3.5hrs away (we live in rural no-where PA). We get the tickets and a month later I find out he’s coming to our town’s college! Literally 10 minute drive. I was like “are you fucking kidding me!” I go to the local show and hardly anyone knows who he is and after he’s done performing in the gymnasium he just walks over to the side. I’m like shit I’m gonna go have him sign my ticket. He was super chill and I told him the whole story and he laughed. Hes like “so are you coming to Pittsburgh then?” I’m like hell yeah! Drive round trip 7hrs to see a 70 minute set, largely the same one I saw. It was still great though!

The best story is myself and two other guys from a band I play in went to see Collective Soul last year near Corning NY. They start playing and Ed Roland is having a rough go with his vocals. He apologized to the audience after two songs and says this is the worst his voice has ever been at a show (he was sick). He said they’ll issue refunds and apologized profusely. They end up asking the crowd if anyone can sing the song “December”. My buddy and I run up to the stage and I’m yelling at the top of my lungs for my bandmate to get up there. Ed sees us, invites him onto stage and the rest is history. Took a video of the performance and we’ll hold onto it forever. It reinvigorated the band and they were able to limp their way for another 45 mins through all their hits.

Hey there! I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to share my experience at a rock concert. It was a small one, but there was a lack of organization, and it got pretty crowded. People were going crazy, and a few got injured.
Who was the band and what kind of music did they play?

Hey there! I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to share my experience at a rock concert. It was a small one, but there was a lack of organization, and it got pretty crowded. People were going crazy, and a few got injured.
Ah, yes, The Wiggles concert tragedy of 2010. A dark, dark day.

Back