Bought a Friedman BE-OD, made a video

Nitrobattery

I just picked up a Friedman BE-OD, and was so impressed by it that I thought I'd make a video showcasing some of my favorite tones. There's some old-school thrash and modern metal later in the video, but I was pleasantly surprised by the lower gain tones too!

Man that was damn good, I have been wanting one of these,just been dragging my ass in getting one. You highlighted the tones I like a lot,and did an awesome job. I have heard or read places where the description of this pedal says Hot Rodded Marshall tones out of this pedal easily,and me,not having Marshall amp(s) for quite some time now just been waiting.

riffermadness":1s3t7fmr said:
Man that was damn good, I have been wanting one of these,just been dragging my ass in getting one. You highlighted the tones I like a lot,and did an awesome job. I have heard or read places where the description of this pedal says Hot Rodded Marshall tones out of this pedal easily,and me,not having Marshall amp(s) for quite some time now just been waiting.

Thanks! I was really floored by this thing. I had a Friedman PT-20 for a while, and this thing gets REALLY close and can either add another flavor of tones to your existing amp....or be a great option if you have to use a backline rig. It's the only distortion pedal I've ever tried (I worked in music stores for 16 years...I've tried a lot) that has the right balance of squish, clarity, tightness and bloom in all of the right spots. The tight control is just killer. I always hit the front end of my amp with either an overdrive or a clean boost to tighten things up, and in the past had to stack a distortion pedal with an overdrive pedal to try to get a similar result. With the tight control on the Friedman, you don't need anything else. One of these on a mini pedalboard with something like a Quilter block amp would make for a killer fly rig that would fit in a backpack and still power a pair of 4x12's.

Great playing and tones. Loved the backing track used on the first part of the video.

Econ":1f1honze said:
Great playing and tones. Loved the backing track used on the first part of the video.

Thanks! I made the first backing with some EZdrummer loops and programmed the strings with PreSonus Presence XT.

For the money best Marshall to metal pedal around IMO. I think it often gets over looked sometimes by the pedal chasers as it's not "boutique" enough lol. Excited for the DP-OD with that will have a mid knob. :rock:

You guys are too kind! Thanks!

Now I'm really excited about the dual button version. Having both a lower gain and higher gain setting at the tap of a button all in one pedal is ideal.

Nice! Tones and playing. I still have one on my board. The right base clean tone makes a big difference imo.

Where did you have the internal trimmer set?

SpiderWars":31d2gk4s said:
Nice! Tones and playing. I still have one on my board. The right base clean tone makes a big difference imo.

Where did you have the internal trimmer set?

Yes, I'd like to know as well. Oddly enough, I just ordered one this AM.

The internal trim knob is in the default, factory setting. I also have the Dirty Shirley pedal that I did some tweaking with...but ended up right back at the factory setting.

Unsurprisingly, Dave's ears are pretty spot on :)

Just shot this video for a retailer. I thought I'd post here in case anyone wanted to compare the new Deluxe to the standard BE-OD. I'm using the same amp and recording chain as the first video in the thread that I made for my own channel. I'm totally floored by this thing. I really want to nab one for myself!

Back