Balaguer Guitars

crankyrayhanky":1ga4hygd said:
Agreed on needing a strat type
Also should adopt a 20% down to build (not 100%)
Man people backnout of builds all the time and being that some folks spec really ugly guitars, it could end up being standing inventory that will never sell.

mystixboi":4jvmrssm said:
cardinal":4jvmrssm said:
Yeah, the Archetype is not really my thing. Really would love a true Strat-body option

I’ll pass the message along!

Yeah, I also agree on this. It seems like people love these guitars, but I just can't on the body shapes. Something like an Ibanez RG or ESP M series style body would be awesome.

mystixboi":3vof5jdy said:
cardinal":3vof5jdy said:
Yeah, the Archetype is not really my thing. Really would love a true Strat-body option

Indeed you did and it looks awesome !!

Fast forward to 1:23 mark for the Toro super strat...

stratjacket":2v50r6ak said:
mystixboi":2v50r6ak said:
cardinal":2v50r6ak said:

Indeed you did and it looks awesome !!

Fast forward to 1:23 mark for the Toro super strat...

Actually, I couldn’t say it at the time but the Toro was already in development. I really wanted to talk about it but I signed a nondisclosure agreement prohibiting me to do so. My intention was to bump this thread actually so I’m glad that you did. It’s getting really great feedback right now and I’m excited myself to own one.

Not digging the Toro. Sorry.

I know it’s lame and unoriginal, but I don’t think the Strat body shape is protected. I don’t see why not use it. The Toro just looks kinda weird.

Good news is that I love a lot of the other body shapes. Still pestering for 8-string options...

I've been wanting a Balaguer for a long time, but I just can't get along with the body shapes. I was hopeful for the Toro but again I'm not into it. The exception for me is the Astra...the offset is not my thing but otherwise it stays on my radar.

I thought it looked pretty cool. The video he says you can play with option on the builder configuration tool, but I don’t see that guitar model as an option?

stratjacket":34xw05km said:
I thought it looked pretty cool. The video he says you can play with option on the builder configuration tool, but I don’t see that guitar model as an option?

The toro is definitely there as an option to choose. Close down your browser and try again. If you have been to the site before, you might have to clear out your cashe

mystixboi":3guky1fq said:
cardinal":3guky1fq said:
Alright, thanks guys. Guess I’ll have to try them for myself.

BTW if you have the inside track: can you try to get him to offer a Strat shape? The Tele is cool and I could go that route, but I really just like Strats (7 string Strats!).

Joe is always working on new stuff!!! I hope to see that shape soon as well.

The archetype is a cool offset Strat shape too

I've been looking around at my T-style options and have zeroed in on both Balaguer and G&L. Both offer a semi-custom option build for about the same price. I was wondering how you would compare the two brands.

This is killing me. I wish I wouldn't have seen this post. I'm G.A.S.'n hard for a new guitar and I built a Toro that I'm really digging trans black with a mirror pick guard and chrome hardware. I've played with the configuration to get it down as much as I can and still be happy spec wise. I only have 3 guitars and two are Solar which I'm happy with but I want an Evertune guitar. I would like to have some variety so I'm looking at balaguer. I'm just having to be patient which is killing me.

Can anyone compare the build quality of these to Mayones? Specifically a Toro compared to a Duvell. I’m considering having a Toro built, but a new duvell would be a lot quicker, but spec-wise not 100% how I’d want it. Plus the Mayones costs more. Price isn’t my issue though

I would like to know build quality compared to Mayones as well. These are the two companies that I'm tempted by after Solar. The Toro and Hyperion are the two on my radar

mhenson42":1fyk1h17 said:
Can anyone compare the build quality of these to Mayones? Specifically a Toro compared to a Duvell. I’m considering having a Toro built, but a new duvell would be a lot quicker, but spec-wise not 100% how I’d want it. Plus the Mayones costs more. Price isn’t my issue though

Ditto. I have a Mayo Qatsi Duvell and the build quality is off the charts. I've been tempted to pull the trigger on a Balaguer too but keep going back to the Anderson builder. The Balaguer would be much cheaper.

sidestyle":2gr0mt4y said:
mystixboi":2gr0mt4y said:
cardinal":2gr0mt4y said:
Alright, thanks guys. Guess I’ll have to try them for myself.

BTW if you have the inside track: can you try to get him to offer a Strat shape? The Tele is cool and I could go that route, but I really just like Strats (7 string Strats!).

Joe is always working on new stuff!!! I hope to see that shape soon as well.

The archetype is a cool offset Strat shape too

I've been looking around at my T-style options and have zeroed in on both Balaguer and G&L. Both offer a semi-custom option build for about the same price. I was wondering how you would compare the two brands.

Sorry. I just saw this post. For me BG is such an incredible value. GandL is great for sure, but I just find BG's to play better and sound warmer.

ClintN667":2gr0mt4y said:
I would like to know build quality compared to Mayones as well. These are the two companies that I'm tempted by after Solar. The Toro and Hyperion are the two on my radar

I haven't played a Mayo, but I've owned 5 Suhrs. I consider Suhr just about the top echelon of guitar builders. A few years back, I had to sell my Suhrs due to my twins being born 2 months early. Medical bills were out of hand. They are fine now.=)

Anyway, I was looking for a guitar to hold me over before I could get more funds to get another Suhr. That's when I found BG. I'm glad I did because I never got another Suhr, but I've gotten 9 more BG's. I also have a Toro on order. BG's feel and play simply outstanding. The comfy C neck shape is similar to a Suhr Modern. So if you have played one of those, the BG should be familiar territory.

I don't miss my Suhrs a single bit.

JerEvil":3srkiat4 said:
crankyrayhanky":3srkiat4 said:
Man people backnout of builds all the time and being that some folks spec really ugly guitars, it could end up being standing inventory that will never sell.

Ugly guitars inbound.. :LOL: :LOL: I really like that you can do whatever pickup combo in whatever body. I love HS set ups, but you'll never see them on production single cut/les pauls. This spec'd out at around $1900-2100 depending on the Evertune. It's tempting, but I'd really like Stainless Steel frets. Can anyone tell me how thick the Thin D Neck Profile is? What would be the closest comparison?

iCUpMqV.jpg

5sOE5dD.jpg

GAPXAAI.jpg

vultures":38w5wt0r said:
JerEvil":38w5wt0r said:
crankyrayhanky":38w5wt0r said:

Ugly guitars inbound.. :LOL: :LOL: I really like that you can do whatever pickup combo in whatever body. I love HS set ups, but you'll never see them on production single cut/les pauls. This spec'd out at around $1900-2100 depending on the Evertune. It's tempting, but I'd really like Stainless Steel frets. Can anyone tell me how thick the Thin D Neck Profile is? What would be the closest comparison?

iCUpMqV.jpg

5sOE5dD.jpg

GAPXAAI.jpg

Hey... all BG semi-custom guitars come standard with stainless steel frets and locking tuners.

Thin D Neck Profile thickness is .730" at the 1st fret and .790" at the 12th fret.

mystixboi":3e8068lq said:
vultures":3e8068lq said:
JerEvil":3e8068lq said:
crankyrayhanky":3e8068lq said:

https://i.imgur.com/iCUpMqV.jpg
[img]https://i.imgur.com/5sOE5dD.jpg
[img]https://i.imgur.com/GAPXAAI.jpg[/quote]

Hey... all BG semi-custom guitars come standard with stainless steel frets and locking tuners.

Thin D Neck Profile thickness is .730" at the 1st fret and .790" at the 12th fret.[/quote]

Any chance you could post a pic of the neck joints? Curious to see how the access is on bolt on vs set vs neck thru on their guitars.

vultures":2743i2vl said:
mystixboi":2743i2vl said:
vultures":2743i2vl said:
JerEvil":2743i2vl said:
crankyrayhanky":2743i2vl said:

https://i.imgur.com/iCUpMqV.jpg
[img]https://i.imgur.com/5sOE5dD.jpg
[img]https://i.imgur.com/GAPXAAI.jpg[/quote]

Thin D Neck Profile thickness is .730" at the 1st fret and .790" at the 12th fret.[/quote]

Any chance you could post a pic of the neck joints? Curious to see how the access is on bolt on vs set vs neck thru on their guitars.[/quote]

Here’s the back of my old astra... best access of any single cut I’ve ever played

[img]https://imgur.com/a/qPKUk2C

Back