• Wizard Modern Classic II

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Other (Please specify below)

Votes: 24 29.6%

• Total voters
ChurchHill":2nhm831i said:
stephen sawall":2nhm831i said:
glpg80":2nhm831i said:
I just noticed this is primarily a top end/boutique high gain forum and not a single person selected the Engl SE. Aren't they the 5150 of Europe overseas?
I noticed the same thing. I don't know anyone that uses them.

I also find it interesting how spread out everyone's taste is. No single amp is way ahead of everything else. Kind of interesting.
Yeah, I've thought that's been one of the most interesting things in this thread. I've heard so many good things about ENGL over the years, but there doesn't seem to be much here. Some have mentioned the Savage and the Invader, but I would've thought that there would be more love for ENGL.

And yeah, there isn't really a clear winner here. There have been so many great amps mentioned, but none are really standing out as miles ahead of anything else. To me, that's really cool!

I don't see a lot of votes for Dumble.
I voted Fryette.

I have my two favorites - Diezel Herbert and BE100. The work together really well when playing in stereo or wet-dry.

Just got an AxeFxIII to use with the BE100 for W-D-W, run in the loop of the BE100 for effects only, or with my FRFR's for totally different tones...

If money was no object then I'd get my own amplifier and speaker cabinets custom-built, simple as that.

Back