Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Wed, Nov 21, 2018 5:42am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22, 2018 4:32pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Are you human?: 951
I purchased something on eBay and it was missing a part. I asked the seller to refund me a small amount so I could replace the part. The seller refused. After going back and forth a few times I informed the seller I’m done and will provide honest feedback. The seller told me if I left a negative feedback they would get it removed. So I left a neutral feedback and said the item description was 1 Star. All of the other areas were 5 stars. I looked today and saw the neutral feedback was removed. I called eBay and they looked at the transaction and notes and felt my neutral feedback was appropriate. However, eBay WILL NOT put back my feedback. They said once it’s removed it will never be put back. Talk about deception! eBay did advise me to respond to the positive feedback left for me and say the seller was a bad. Still, what good is feedback if fair and honest feedback is left?

The only thing that makes this good was that I got the item for a crazy low price...which is probably why they didn’t want to refund any money. :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22, 2018 6:08pm 
Supah Stah

That’s super weird.

Reverb won’t let me leave negative feedback at least for a seller. It says to contact them but when they’re still a jerk I just can’t leave feedback...

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22, 2018 6:41pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

That’s deceptive that Reverb won’t allow you to negative feedback someone.

In my case I called eBay and told them the seller was going to remove my negative feedback. They told me he couldn’t. So I left it, and they removed it. Liars.

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22, 2018 7:46pm 
Rock God

You're only option really is to file a claim for "Item not as Described" Return it for refund. When you ask the seller for a partial refund and and the seller refuses you have no recourse but to accept it or file the claim. Leaving negative, or even neutral, only goes so far as you saw.

gbsmusic,Ignoramus,RipleyRipley,WizardOzz,Spaceboy,Tonmazz,Sjk,warhead78,
fuzzyguitars,bwgintegra,Bluplirstand,londaxe,* velcro-fly *Parap14 and at least 25 more

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22, 2018 9:02pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

glip22 wrote:
You're only option really is to file a claim for "Item not as Described" Return it for refund. When you ask the seller for a partial refund and and the seller refuses you have no recourse but to accept it or file the claim. Leaving negative, or even neutral, only goes so far as you saw.

They actually sent me money back... it after I left the neutral feedback. I didn’t want to return it the price was too good to pass up.

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22, 2018 9:20pm 
Hack

eBay seems to be pro seller more then the buyer from what I have seen.

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 23, 2018 8:09am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I AM MINE 79 wrote:
eBay seems to be pro seller more then the buyer from what I have seen.

How's that so?
As a seller, you cannot leave negative feedback to a buyer after he paid and then suddenly shit ensues from their side...

So a buyer could buy something, pay for it, receive the item (in working order), claim it doesn't work and file for an unwarranted refund, threaten to leave the seller negative feedback, and STILL the seller cannot leave negative feedback at that point.

That's why a lot of sellers these days only provide positive feedback to a buyer AFTER the buyer has provided positive feedback first.

Both with eBay and PayPal, it can be quite a scammer's paradise...
Then again, sellers can be scammers too...
Scott Brignell from Canada still owes me $100 bucks for a never-sent vintage MXR Micro Chorus. (Yes, I don't forget after 13 years... :uzi: )

Engl Savage 60 + Two Notes Torpedo Live
Engl e670 Special Edition EL34
EVH 5150 III 50W + Mesa Boogie 2x12 Vertical Slant cab
Fender '74 Princeton Reverb (w/ Eminence Legend 105-8)
Fryette Sig:X head + HB 212V cab (G12K85 +V30)
Marshall Lead 100 MOSFET + 1966A & 1966B cabs
Mesa Boogie Mark V:25 + Mesa 1x12 Thiele EVM cab
Roland Jazz Chorus JC-55 combo & JC-120H head
Axes:
Burny Les Paul (3x), Charvel So-Cal, Epiphone Wildkat, ESP Horizon NT-II, Fender '68 RI Strat, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, G&L ASAT Classic Tribute, Ibanez S540FM & Kramer SM-1 Guitars