-----

Sounds great. I use to have PPIV master back in my Marshall’s 20 years ago. They work great, but neuter the presence and tone controls with low volumes, IMO.

psychodave":24ssay0c said:
Sounds great. I use to have PPIV master back in my Marshall’s 20 years ago. They work great, but neuter the presence and tone controls with low volumes, IMO.

What do you use now? Loadbox?

To be fair "stock" isn't technically accurate as you also cascaded and tweaked values right? I thought for a second it was a bone stock 1971 with just the PPIMV but then I realized no way in hell that thing is! :rock:

Kapo_Polenton":20urnzcx said:
To be fair "stock" isn't technically accurate as you also cascaded and tweaked values right? I thought for a second it was a bone stock 1971 with just the PPIMV but then I realized no way in hell that thing is! :rock:
What made you think it wasn’t stock?

I guess I am guilty of jumping through some of the chatter ..sorry fellas! Goes to show that a stock Marshall opened up is the ticket. I get similar tone on my Torpedo Reload when attenuating. Turn everything up, the secret is backing off on the preamp and cranking that presence. That's where the crunch comes from at high volumes. Suddenly all those old tones come alive from VH to those early Matthias Jabs Scorps tones.

I have a 800 1959 4 holer that I use as a pedal platform. Its insanely loud, but super clean and clear. All my pedals sound their best through this setup. Can you still get that type of clear loud tone with this mod if you crank the master all the way? I've always thought with this master on full it is like taking it out of the circuit.

BTW, yeah, might be your best tone yet. I'm toying with the idea of doing this to my 4 holer b/c I love this tone so much but with this amp having no loop, I'm not so sure I should touch it.

Back