Final FORTIN MESHUGGAH Preorder

VC4EverAgain":xj941hjr said:
Yes because none of those amp builders “copied” previous designs.

How original sounding is Wizard? Sounds like a Marshall with mercury transformers to me. Same with Cameron. How original is it when he stole Jose’s mods? He uses Mercury transformers too no?

Maybe it’s the Mercury transformers that makes it unique.

At any rate, you have a deep seeded jealousy for Mike Fortins success.

JEALOUSY-MEME.jpg
Marks Jose is considerably differeny than the original Jose. Outside of the clipping, Mark used different voltage dividers/ peaking circuits, slope resistors and treble tone caps. Different snubber caps. Difference screen resistor, different presence, NFB and added the punch circuit which while based on the XTC excursion. Circuit is really Marks evolved design.

You know, alot of the stuff Mike does to the Cali.

VC4EverAgain":1sklow2t said:

How original sounding is Wizard? Sounds like a Marshall with mercury transformers to me. Same with Cameron. How original is it when he stole Jose’s mods? He uses Mercury transformers too no?

JEALOUSY-MEME.jpg

Lots of people borrow from other designs. Fortin’s Natas is based off of the Metalhead amp by Elan. :dunno:

psychodave":1aakgrtl said:
VC4EverAgain":1aakgrtl said:

JEALOUSY-MEME.jpg

Lots of people borrow from other designs. Fortin’s Natas is based off of the Metalhead amp by Elan. :dunno:

Wasn’t the CCV based off of the Fender Roc-Pro 1000?

The way I look at these Jose amps, it's akin to a food dish. It's like a burger, pizza, or chili, etc.. Every chef tweaks the recipe, uses ingredients sourced from different places, etc.. At the end of the day it's still a burger, pizza, or chili. It's just you might find you like one burger joint over the other.

Other amps are this way too, for example SLO type amps. Recto's, 5150's, EVH, and many others are ripoff's of Soldano's amp.

The question is: if Fortin, Friedman, Randall can use a 3th party to make theirs amps, why Cameron can’t?
Don’t tell me “because he like to tweak it”...

negaodapicona":3eyykgyv said:
The question is: if Fortin, Friedman, Randall can use a 3th party to make theirs amps, why Cameron can’t?
Don’t tell me “because he like to tweak it”...
don't over think it. You can be talented, but simply not good at business.

I think what launched Fortin was that he was able to reverse engineer alot of "hard to obtain" designs and get them to the market and filled a void.

Dave F has earned his reputation and has been in the industry for a long time. He surrounds himself with other people in the industry.

Meanwhile, scottosan copies every amp imaginable, doesn’t buy shit, and drags peoples names in the mud.

Also secretly wishes people would buy his amps, because they sound so awesome. The comic book guy of amp building.

comic-book-guy-internet-king.jpg

VC4EverAgain":2vcq22f1 said:
Meanwhile, scottosan copies every amp imaginable, doesn’t buy shit, and drags peoples names in the mud.

Also secretly wishes people would buy his amps, because they sound so awesome. The comic book guy of amp building.

comic-book-guy-internet-king.jpg
haha. I've had alot of people on this very forum reach out to me regarding mods and builds and I decline. I only offer up information. People assume there is alot of money in the industry, but it's simply not true. I am not a business man and its a critical skillset for longevity in the industry. I am very successful and established in my current technical field and like work life balance.

Regarding name in the mud. None of what I have stated is speculation. I welcome anyone to publically dispute the claims the many have been vocal about. If I am proved wrong, I will stand down.

Honestly. I don't know Mike and have never met him. On the other hand much of the public criticism stems from the behaviors and attitudes of his minions.

VC4EverAgain":yf7ghe8l said:
psychodave":yf7ghe8l said:
VC4EverAgain":yf7ghe8l said:

JEALOUSY-MEME.jpg

Wasn’t the CCV based off of the Fender Roc-Pro 1000?

LOLOLOL. 100% totally false, fake, bullshit and lies. No it wasn’t.

Dude, your credibility is gone. :LOL: :LOL:

Back