Bogner Helios Eclipse

tlingen":10iaiw31 said:
memberzonly":10iaiw31 said:
There are 2 available on TGP. One for trade, one for sale. The one for sale is my old one. FWIW.

What did you like and not like about it?

No issues. I just had to unload it to pay a bill. I've since bought another.

Just got mine last week and fired it up for a short session today. This amp is awesome. it can just do so much with all the different options and voicings. I love it already. :D

Thrashy, *YES*. VERY versatile high-gain choices with all sorts of distinct voicings available with the different switches. Honestly I'm not as impressed with the clean channel, but that might be because once I dial in the gain I don't want to mess with the (single) EQ again. That's the weakness of this amp - it's 3 channels but in keeping the number of knobs to a minimum Bogner also reduced the versatility a bit. But if you accept that shortcoming (or possibly benefit if you like simplicity), the various gain options are really impressive. So much so that I'd be hard pressed to ever get rid of this amp if I had to keep just one (also own a Diezel herbert along with a Soldano and a Mesa).

TheNutsack":18839o8i said:
Thrashy, *YES*. VERY versatile high-gain choices with all sorts of distinct voicings available with the different switches. Honestly I'm not as impressed with the clean channel, but that might be because once I dial in the gain I don't want to mess with the (single) EQ again. That's the weakness of this amp - it's 3 channels but in keeping the number of knobs to a minimum Bogner also reduced the versatility a bit. But if you accept that shortcoming (or possibly benefit if you like simplicity), the various gain options are really impressive. So much so that I'd be hard pressed to ever get rid of this amp if I had to keep just one (also own a Diezel herbert along with a Soldano and a Mesa).

What about simply putting an EQ (MXR 10Band) in front of the amp and switch it on when in Clean Channel?

Back