Amp Build: Cameron Aldrich

SBO":2ibohth4 said:
lespaul6":2ibohth4 said:
Well there is a thread over on TGP about Cameron right now and the mod is telling folks that an uberschall will get you those Cameron tones.. the ignorant leading the blind over there
I was the one who actually started that thread, i didn't found any updates about the Cameron so i decided to ask about it. :D

edit: changed the quote.

SBO, I am just curious how did you hear about us, Mark or our amp company? Was it the profiles or something else?

EXPcustom":1wgo4px7 said:
Also Steve just want to say thanks and everything looks great from here!

I suspect the NFB section will be some trial and error but I think what I'm doing will work in general. It's all standard stuff just suspect the values for the presence will need played with and I may want to up the value of the Response pot for more range (starting with 100k).

Somebody order spaghetti?

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

Nice!

What gauge is the AC heater wire on the Pi, and Power Tubes? Looks tiny, keep in mind there will be over 6amps pulled from that string. It might be fine for such a short distance, but I would pop tubes in and light up the heaters, and see if you get any heater voltage drop at the PI.

CrazyNutz":mncpv5rw said:
Nice!

What gauge is the AC heater wire on the Pi, and Power Tubes? Looks tiny, keep in mind there will be over 6amps pulled from that string. It might be fine for such a short distance, but I would pop tubes in and light up the heaters, and see if you get any heater voltage drop at the PI.
I thought I read he was using tefzel has a really thin insulation. Looks smaller.

The heater wire is 20 gauge, everything else is 22. The Tefzel wire really does look thin.

I'll be verifying everything on this as I go, got a bunch of things I want to check once everything is wired up. :thumbsup:

Wish I could build amps, would be so badass.

I will say comparing to the video in here, the Aldrich Modded Marshall. My Rev 2 does sound similar. Not exact but definitely in the same ballpark.

I’d love to know enough to build and tweak amps too...maybe a bunch of us should do a group buy for Bruce Egnater’s amp building class... I’ve heard great things from a few members here that have done it... any interest ?

I would totally do that. I've built a few, modded more than I've built, but mostly just a tinkerer. It would have to be sometime I'm not tied up at work (December's about the only time I'm mostly sure about having free time this year), but I would love to do something like that. I've thought about going to one of those seminars, Egnater and several others, for years, just never did. This would be a great excuse to finally do it!

romanianreaper":1b4ndvdu said:
Here is the best example of the Aldrich tone in my opinion. The lead tones are great but really listen when Doug hits chords and lets them ring out. You hear this tone that sounds like a muscle car engine. That is Aldrich tone to me:

Beautiful! That’s it, that is THE tone!
Holy smokes, he plays with a ton of gain!

SQUAREHEAD":2uzuvgcw said:
romanianreaper":2uzuvgcw said:
Here is the best example of the Aldrich tone in my opinion. The lead tones are great but really listen when Doug hits chords and lets them ring out. You hear this tone that sounds like a muscle car engine. That is Aldrich tone to me:

:rock:
I've always noticed that when guys play live, they use quite a bit more gain than what they use in the studio.

Racerxrated":2nyzeze5 said:
SQUAREHEAD":2nyzeze5 said:
romanianreaper":2nyzeze5 said:

:rock:
I've always noticed that when guys play live, they use quite a bit more gain than what they use in the studio.

The suhr guy said that he recently serviced those marshalls doug uses live to reduce the gain as he is using pedals these days

technomancer":1o98r0zh said:
Made some progress this afternoon...

NFB
IMG_3624.jpg

should be wiring up the board tonight or tomorrow...

Make sure to keep wire length to a minimum and loops small.

Back