New Mini-Helix announced! Line 6 HX Stomp.

Norton666":29ktb5go said:
JerEvil":29ktb5go said:
boyedav":29ktb5go said:
The outputs are balanced, they're just 1/4" TRS instead of XLR.
Correct. 1/4” to XLR. Easy peasy.

Should be getting one in the end of next week. I’m pretty stoked as I just got the PowerCab+. Talk about “grab and go”!

I don't know dude. I wouldn't call that easy peezy. You either have to drop the money for a balanced 1/4" to XLR , OR HOPE that the sound guy has one. Those cables aren't cheap. The other option would be to bring a DI box , which completely defeats the purpose of having the outs TRS. When I saw this product announcement , I was all over it. Without the XLR outs , it turned me off immediately. Just my opinion of course

Not to be a dick but one of those cables is $10-$15, if you can afford a couple guitars and an HXStomp, I'm sure a $15 cable isn't a stretch.

I got the HX stomp yesterday. It's pretty neat but my first impressions are the models, IR's and the effects are not on the same level as Fractal.

Keep in mind the Fractal IR’s are mostly third party IR’s that are part of the unit. Load some good OH’s into the stomp and be amazed!

BrokenFusion":315ff9jo said:
I got the HX stomp yesterday. It's pretty neat but my first impressions are the models, IR's and the effects are not on the same level as Fractal.
Yeah man, use the Hi and Lo cuts on the cabs or load your own IR’s. Lots of good info out there on the stock cabs which seem to be pretty polarizing.

Pat6969":315ff9jo said:
Keep in mind the Fractal IR’s are mostly third party IR’s that are part of the unit. Load some good OH’s into the stomp and be amazed!
Yup. Even the free OH MESA cab gets great results with Helix. I use the stock cabs and like them well enough.

JerEvil":2196abau said:
BrokenFusion":2196abau said:
Yeah man, use the Hi and Lo cuts on the cabs or load your own IR’s. Lots of good info out there on the stock cabs which seem to be pretty polarizing.

Pat6969":2196abau said:
Yup. Even the free OH MESA cab gets great results with Helix. I use the stock cabs and like them well enough.

I'll try loading some IR's and see if it helps. In the AX8 the stock amps sound anywhere from good too killer right off the bat. I see a place for cabs and IR's, I'm guessing cabs are the stock IR's and "IR" would be the ones I load into it?

I'll throw my .02 in on using IR's over cabs as well- using the free ownhammer pack made my high gain Helix tones way better. I know some people get great results with the stock cabs and some heavy EQ tweaking, but I found a quality IR to me a much better starting point.

moltenmetalburn":mck5xn0k said:
Pre ordered for $480 to give it a shot. Still havemt heard a modeling clip i like. Hopefully the effects are cool.
What tones are you into?

psmith68":2jynqo1e said:
Does anyone combine the stock cabs with 3rd party IR's? Any reason not to do this?? Thanks in advance.
I’ve seen it done but never tried it myself. If you were to try it I’d try the OwnHammer minimum phase options.

JerEvil":3ug8hlj8 said:
moltenmetalburn":3ug8hlj8 said:
Pre ordered for $480 to give it a shot. Still havemt heard a modeling clip i like. Hopefully the effects are cool.
What tones are you into?

High gain modern metal. Diezel, 5153 etc. will only use the modeling for quiet practice and demos most likely.

Back