New Mini-Helix announced! Line 6 HX Stomp.

JerEvil

Pretty cool little unit. Lots of connectivity. Released today.

30162788677_12e6378580_o.jpg

Bunch of folks already ordered on Sweetwater, etc. Definitely grabbing one as a backup for gigging.

Full amp/cab models, effects, 4x4 USB Audio Interface, does 4cm, etc. Smaller than the old M5 unit.

boyedav":10plrxsp said:
So it'll do all the models/effects as the full helix, but just limited to six simultaneous blocks? This could replace my 4CM multi-effects for sure since it's MIDI, and could maybe be a complete grab-and-go rig.

Looks like it's ~$600.

Very cool.
Yeah, absolutely right on all counts. I will definitely be trying it out for effects in the loop of my KSR when it gets here and I can use the MIDI to change channels.

Good thing too is Line 6 is basically NEVER on exclusion lists from coupons so most places should be able to deal and get this out the door for a bit less.

Cool addition to the family, really looks like a much better fit for my needs than the LT. I'm still digging to find out if it can run one output with IR and one without.

I want one!!!

Convenient as f***

It can also act as an audio interface for recording.

Is this available for purchase now?

7 Stringer":vj20lfyl said:
I want one!!!

Convenient as f***

It can also act as an audio interface for recording.

Is this available for purchase now?
It is indeed!

I don't know what you guys are listening to but that sounds like a fizzy digital mess. The product looks slick though.

Kapo_Polenton":237jh1yu said:
I don't know what you guys are listening to but that sounds like a fizzy digital mess. The product looks slick though.
Well to be fair... look at most EVERY Sweetwater demo! When has one ever sounded good?

It sounds exactly like a full on Helix. Same processor, same models, smaller package. Now it is possible you are not a fan of the Helix tones in general.

I want to love it, almost ordered it. Listened to demos not sure il like th fx but worth a shot. The modeling sounds bad to me, not sure Id use it. Waiting tonhear results or may drive to sweetwater to try one.

I am really intrigued by this new unit. I was close to pulling the trigger on the AX8, then this comes out! :bash: Seriously, at this point I'm no longer gigging and in fact, I would probably never use the AX8 to its fullest potential. I wanted to try something (modeler) other than Line 6 (I have experience with several older Line 6 units); however, at this price point being able to get the same modeling capabilities as the full size Helix, with simplicity in operation, might be perfect for me. Typically I create a few presets then just scroll through as I'm practicing. The attractiveness of this unit for me is: (1) the ease of use; (2) the fact that I can get all the modeling I will ever need; (3) add a small midi foot switch if I need more switching capability; (4) use it as a back-up with my 44 Magnum; (5) use some of my other pedals with it; (6) use it in the effects loop or in 4CM with my JMP to give me more options there; and (7) use it as an interface. I think this checks all the boxes for me.

The big bonus.....at this price point, instead of the AX8, I can grab this AND the MT15 that I have major GAS for! Before this was announced, it was one or the other. Sounds like this could be a win for me!

boyedav":1qx654u8 said:
Kapo_Polenton":1qx654u8 said:

It's just a Helix in a different form factor, so if you don't like one you're not going to like the other. Perhaps the recorded demo is crap?

I think it might be A. The sweetwater demo and then B. The fact the helix doesnt really appeal to me . I think out of the modelers, it sounds the most plastic and fake to me. They are great at the look and layout of a product though.

Kapo_Polenton":1378y61g said:
boyedav":1378y61g said:
Kapo_Polenton":1378y61g said:

It's just a Helix in a different form factor, so if you don't like one you're not going to like the other. Perhaps the recorded demo is crap?

I think it might be A. The sweetwater demo and then B. The fact the helix doesnt really appeal to me . I think out of the modelers, it sounds the most plastic and fake to me. They are great at the look and layout of a product though.

Agreed. They sound fake to me as well, can't get into it, as intriguing as they are.

I think they're packed with features, and do it all, except executing good tones without the good old modeler fizz.

I'm interested in it for effects only. I was going to get the HX effects but this is even smaller, does 4CM and midi.

I"ve been trying to decide if I want a HX effects, EVH chorus, or Boss Dimension C. Have El Cap now that I love, and want an HX effects as a 4cm/midi one button and go solution, but I also don't care for any super digital smoothness. I like the amp's tone/rawness to shine through, so I am worried about digital wash on any pedal/effect i use.

Back