NGD....Duvell Elite in the house

MetalHeadMike

These pics do the top no justice , color is a bit washed out in these photos, but here we go.

Crazy top in person; much more complex color/texture than what the pics portray.

The wenge neck is amazing; dark chocolate color and feels really SMOOTH. Really digging the neck profile on this one too, and the deep belly cut in conjunction with thinner body profile on the forearm side & slight forearm bend make it super comfy to play. The satin finish is the smoothest sexiest finish I've ever felt on a guitar.

Out of the box it is an impressive instrument both visually and functionally. Fit to finish is pretty friggin awesome; and that's saying something because I'm ULTRA picky!

Not sure this Nazgul is a good fit for this guitar or me. Gonna play with it some more. Gonna see how it sounds with some heavier strings cause it's tuned to drop C with the stock .10-.46, so not ideal for the chunk factor I go after.

PtVmk7fl.jpg

b7YBA9ul.jpg

ZrMFJKIl.jpg

lRYEKPYl.jpg

WNggTTXl.jpg

MetalHeadMike":1j7kmo66 said:
crwnedblasphemy":1j7kmo66 said:
what the hell is it?

Only time will tell, but I'll throw ya bone; it's got 6 strings & it's built for metal.

Hmmm....hints are bone, 6 strings, built for metal.....

Mailmans favorite smiling skully guitar?

rottingcorpse":29x7q7yh said:
MetalHeadMike":29x7q7yh said:
crwnedblasphemy":29x7q7yh said:
what the hell is it?

Only time will tell, but I'll throw ya bone; it's got 6 strings & it's built for metal.

Hmmm....hints are bone, 6 strings, built for metal.....

Mailmans favorite smiling skully guitar?
:LOL: :LOL:

2 more hours till I get home; might as well be an eternity :doh:

MetalHeadMike":29vqbq88 said:
My wife just called to let me know a package was just delivered. Now I have to suffer through 6.5 more hours before I get home from work :doh: Tempted to go home sick :LOL: :LOL: It's come from sunny CA, but it's been snowing and in the 30's here, so hopefully it's acclimated enough to open by the time I get home. Don't know I'd be able to hold out any longer if it's not :aww:

b7YBA9ul.jpg

ZrMFJKIl.jpg

lRYEKPYl.jpg

WNggTTXl.jpg

These pics do the top no justice what so ever, but here we go. Crazy top in person. The wenge neck is amazing.

Out of the box it is an impressive instrument both visually and functionally. Wow! Fit to finish is pretty friggin awesome.
Congrats man! Looks awesome!

^^^
Thanks dude! Man, what they say about the articulation/tight lows regarding these guitars is true. Never really believed that a guitar itself could result in a more tight/articulate sound/feel, but I plugged into the Dual Recto and didn't even need the Ts9 to tighten it up. Guitar straight in was pretty darn tight/defined on the low end. Still sounds awesome clean boosted too though ;)

Looks awesome! I wasn’t sure if I liked the Nazgul at first either but grew to love it. I have a Het set in my other Duvell that’s okay, but I’d like to put the stock Nazgul back in... just been too lazy to change it back. I would like to try a BK painkiller or ceramic Nailbomb in it at some point too

I would love to own a Duvell. That's really the only guitar on my gas list. Think I'm actually done with major purchases for the foreseeable future but that one I bet is amazing..

mhenson42":ocwvy9l6 said:
Looks awesome! I wasn’t sure if I liked the Nazgul at first either but grew to love it. I have a Het set in my other Duvell that’s okay, but I’d like to put the stock Nazgul back in... just been too lazy to change it back. I would like to try a BK painkiller or ceramic Nailbomb in it at some point too
^^^
Thank you sir ;) Yeah, I'll definitely give the Nazgul some time, but I have a PK, MM, and Distortion I can try too.

JimmyBlind":ocwvy9l6 said:
Cool guitar. The craftsmanship on Mayones guitars is really superb.
^^^
It is something else. This is my first bolt on and the neck pocket and heel access is a work of art.

shred-o-holic":ocwvy9l6 said:
I would love to own a Duvell. That's really the only guitar on my gas list. Think I'm actually done with major purchases for the foreseeable future but that one I bet is amazing..
^^^
Super cool guitar so far. I'll run it through it's paces this weekend. I'm really impressed with the overall quality and attention to detail. The ergonomics of the guitar has surprised me the most. I thought going into it that I might have to sacrifice a little comfort with this body shape, but it's actually proving to be very comfortable to play.

Back