Bogner Ecstasy Marvel Mod

IMO its over rated and noisy, you can dial your amp in with patience. Its a complex amp with a lot of tone options!!

I agree that you can dial in all of the same tones with the knobs vs the marvel mod on a switch. It's not that significant. The magic of the XTC is the blue channel anyway.

I have it in my 101b, and I never thought it was 'noisy.' It just gives you 3 quick varied sounds on the Red channel. Honestly, I forget it there - I don't use it much, and it's not like the tones are drastically different (it's not like switching channels or anything).

Hey Jeff, I didn’t know you had a 100B…
I have #15 and #82 and I used to own number #3 …
I should’ve kept that one

Considering how simple the Red channel Cameron mod is, I’m going to try it very soon. I’m sure it’s subtle but to have it on a switch seems like a cool option.

Jeff Hilligan":2e4adblm said:
I want the blue channel from the 100b#55 I owned in a single channel amp!

This!

The upcoming mini 25w seems alright but I wish it was a 50w, single channel (Blue only) and maybe excursion settings and 2nd master in the Helios plexi style headshell.

scottosan":gcxag8bn said:
I agree that you can dial in all of the same tones with the knobs vs the marvel mod on a switch. It's not that significant. The magic of the XTC is the blue channel anyway.
I installed the mod on my old XTC, but used 10k +.68uf instead of 1uf for the Cameron mod setting. It made the red channel a lot more focused, so when you had the blue channel dialed in and switched to the red channel, the bottom end didn't woof out. It kept the sound between the channels a lot more consistant.
Never used the 2.7k + .22uf position.
If I still had the amp, I'd probably just solder in the 10k + .68uf // over R12 and loose the switch.
Easy peasy mod to do and highly recommended :thumbsup:

.....and cut me some slack on the 2watt 10k :LOL: :LOL:
That's all I had on hand when I made up the board :D

Attachments

• Marvel board.JPG
    Marvel board.JPG
    672.4 KB · Views: 579
  • 100_2348.JPG
    100_2348.JPG
    341.8 KB · Views: 579
SQUAREHEAD":2pnkplj9 said:
Hey Jeff, I didn’t know you had a 100B…
I have #15 and #82 and I used to own number #3 …
I should’ve kept that one

I played #3 when Tim Rose had it. Magic amp.

Back