You Really Got Me Solo

Mark Day":h19tw3u1 said:
I remember hearing this on the radio in 1978 when I was 17. I thought WTF is the guitar sound!!

1978, sitting in the Dairy Queen parking lot with my Uncle. He CRANKED Running With the Devil when it came on the radio. I remember that as one of the coolest moments of my life. He bought me the album later that day. $3.99 at The Shoppe in Berea Ohio.

MisterBulbous":1zqqla8u said:
Mark Day":1zqqla8u said:
I remember hearing this on the radio in 1978 when I was 17. I thought WTF is the guitar sound!!

1978, sitting in the Dairy Queen parking lot with my Uncle. He CRANKED Running With the Devil when it came on the radio. I remember that as one of the coolest moments of my life. He bought me the album later that day. $3.99 at The Shoppe in Berea Ohio.

Very cool story!

Mark

I saw the vid on YT...friggin killer tone and playing as always. Marks one of those guys that makes shit look flawless.

But yeah RT is facked ATM.

Finally got to watch the video...just awesome, love the playing and tone :rock:

Discovering this solo (and era) back in the day was after the fact for me, but left no less a huge impression. 1984 was already out when I first heard VH, and to me that was as cool as it got. I remember finally make it backwards through the whole catalogue...

VH I and Fair Warning. Totally blew me away, the entire albums (the others were classics as well of course, but those 2 really helped "shape" me as a player).

Thanks guys, I'm glad some of you got to see the video :)

BTW if you are using Chrome, there is a little icon in the URL field far right side that allows you to load "unsafe scripts" (YT) once you do that you can see the video. See screen shot above, the icon with the X.

Mark

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 8.29.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 8.29.54 PM.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 300
Mailman1971":1barit3e said:
So damn good Mark. :yes:
Yeah I’m a mod here. But clueless to what’s going on with the embedded of vids.
:aww:

Thanks!! It's something about mixed content on the site (http and https).

Mark

Back