Line 6 PowerCab+ - Quick Vid

JerEvil

Got a Line 6 powerCab+! Here's the Cthulhu Burst Archetype, "Meteor" amp model and various cabs on the PowerCab+. The built-in speaker models are really damn solid and noticeably different from each other. I grabbed this with my iPhone so it's moot mic'd and no post processing ar anything like that.

Wisch I had the presence of mind to have a dB meter visible to show when I turn it up but overall, this thing is pretty sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2DoSv897Tk&

Sounds pretty good to me.

Quick question, do you use that delay on your standard rhythm tone? I always worry about things getting sloppy with that type of delay on rhythm but this clip sounds tight as hell.

fek":3uuk5l07 said:
Sounds pretty good to me.

Quick question, do you use that delay on your standard rhythm tone? I always worry about things getting sloppy with that type of delay on rhythm but this clip sounds tight as hell.
Thanks man and yes. delay always on for me. Creature of habit! LOL! I use snapshots to adjust the mix/feedback, etc for leads.

Sounds sick, thank's for taking the time to do this!!!! Patiently waiting for my PowerCab to arrive.

Kevin11":1xzk6jdq said:
Sounds sick, thank's for taking the time to do this!!!! Patiently waiting for my PowerCab to arrive.
Yeah man no worries. I'll do some better prepped vids when. time allows. Post your thoughts on the PowerCab when you get it.

FWIW, I am using the Line 6 Link cable from the Helix to the PC+. It's kind of pricey for a cable but I hear a regular AES/EBU cable will work just fine.

shred-o-holic":1ebybzgw said:
Sounds killer said the same on your youtube :)
Thanks man! Appreciate you posting feedback on the YT page as well!

indespise":1ebybzgw said:
Cool, sounds really good and seems pretty damn loud.
Thanks! Yeah it's loud. Just posted a thread showing it compared to the KSR Gemini. Had some folks asking if it'd keep up with a drummer.

Hey Jer, I was just wondering if you still have the powercab and if so, how you feel about it now that you're well past the honeymoon phase. I've been giving one some consideration for home practice and live use in a strictly death metal context.

Best part was the devil horns at :56. That + the feedback = you know something cool is coming up next. Nice riffing and it sounds pretty good.

EDIT: I now see this was posted months ago, oh well. Cool piece of gear.

indespise":13vt86gh said:
Hey Jer, I was just wondering if you still have the powercab and if so, how you feel about it now that you're well past the honeymoon phase. I've been giving one some consideration for home practice and live use in a strictly death metal context.
Dude I still love it. It’s pretty damn loud too.

Salos":13vt86gh said:
Best part was the devil horns at :56. That + the feedback = you know something cool is coming up next. Nice riffing and it sounds pretty good.

EDIT: I now see this was posted months ago, oh well. Cool piece of gear.
Thanks, eh! Yeah it’s a KILLER little cab. Punches pretty good for sure. No it’s not a 422 but for a 112 it still sounds rad.

Thanks Jer, post honeymoon opinions on gear are too easy to overlook when you're GAS'ing. I'm still considering one, and your take after this long certainly helps tip the scales.

indespise":3e4lu5v7 said:
Thanks Jer, post honeymoon opinions on gear are too easy to overlook when you're GAS'ing. I'm still considering one, and your take after this long certainly helps tip the scales.
It is DEFINITELY killer. I’d get the PowerCab+ though. Definitely worth the few extra bucks. It’s become invaluable for me. The built in cab models are great but also being able to load your own impulse responses onto it and taking that off the helix is awesome

Curious to how that would hold up with a band. I tried a CLR with my Ax8 after reading how amazing they were. Within 5 minutes at band rehearsal I knew it was going back. :no:

Curious to how that would hold up with a band. I tried a CLR with my Ax8 after reading how amazing they were. Within 5 minutes at band rehearsal I knew it was going back. :no:

Interesting. Power Cab vs Friedman ASM 12.

Spent $900 on the Friedman and didn't like it. I think some players just see gol din anything Friedman. That unit was horrible for my use.
Power cab looks like another option. I think I might be just as good or better with an amp and some of those Celestion FR speakers in it.

BrokenFusion":1y9u7agl said:
Man I used an SPL meter and it was keeping up with my KSR and 212 volume-wise. It doesn't;t thump like a 212 or 412 because... will... it's a 112.

That said, it sounds full and hangs just fine with my punk drummer. He's not a basher though. More of a finesse player.

dallasb":1y9u7agl said:
Interesting. Power Cab vs Friedman ASM 12.

Spent $900 on the Friedman and didn't like it. I think some players just see gol din anything Friedman. That unit was horrible for my use.
Power cab looks like another option. I think I might be just as good or better with an amp and some of those Celestion FR speakers in it.
I haven't tried the ASM/ASC's. powerCab is killer though. It also has a TON of flexibility. With the upcoming FW update from Line 6 you will also be able to edit it and the Helix at the same time though one app. Currently PC has it's own separate editor.

I really liked my Friedman ASM-12 when I had it (sold it about a month ago) but definitely think it is for someone wanting to sound like they are sitting in front of a guitar amp cabinet. Once I got some god KRK studio monitors and was listening to my presets, I finally understood why some people were not as big of fans of the Friedman cab.

Worst part in my opinion was the weight. Oh man, I don't miss that at all. I probably picked that thing up four times and all four times were horrible. I'm curious about the LINE 6.

romanianreaper":1h8f80px said:
I really liked my Friedman ASM-12 when I had it (sold it about a month ago) but definitely think it is for someone wanting to sound like they are sitting in front of a guitar amp cabinet. Once I got some god KRK studio monitors and was listening to my presets, I finally understood why some people were not as big of fans of the Friedman cab.

Worst part in my opinion was the weight. Oh man, I don't miss that at all. I probably picked that thing up four times and all four times were horrible. I'm curious about the LINE 6.
The PowerCab is about 34lbs I think.

Back