NGD (Charvel Inbound)

maddnotez

Banned
Just got the shipping notice with SW's hi res pics. Can't wait.

My thoughts so far: Looks near flawless which tbh will be very nice. I have had some QC issues with buying new guitars over the last couple of years so it will be a relief to get one without issues. I noticed the wood grain on the 1st fret has a few streaks but if that is the only issue I will be happy.

I cannot wait to plug this in. I am hoping the stock pickups (super distortion) sound amazing. I paid the $75 to get my strings and tuning setup before it left because I am lazy and hopefully they would do it better than me.

I have the 2005 Reissue with non recessed Floyd and love it. I hope it is close to that type of quality. Will see soon enough.

Have been wanting to try the D-Tuna, I may pick one up for this.

Congrats. If it approaches the one I sold you, then Mexico has arrived. That single hum is a custom shop guitar.

55-point inspection, what could go wrong?

Ha.. I just sent back a new Wolfgang. Loved it though, but the Floyd had issues I just couldnt deal with. They're sending a new one.

napalmdeath":1evo2y68 said:
55-point inspection, what could go wrong?

Ha.. I just sent back a new Wolfgang. Loved it though, but the Floyd had issues I just couldnt deal with. They're sending a new one.

I cringed when I read that part of the email.

I'll do my own inspection, thanks.

Looks pretty sweet man. Enjoy!

I've got a Super D in my fat strat. Curious to hear your thoughts once you get it. Really dig the color/finish.

HNCharvelD :cheers:

what is the fretboard? I really dig darker uniform fretboards, especially ebony, hard and slick. that's a great looking guitar!

I absolutely love this one, I've been so tempted to pull the trigger on one but I still have my old black cherry Model 4!

Reverse headstock just nails it, so much coolness here...

Thanks guys,

@mooncobra it is Ebony. Hopefully it a very dark :)

This is being delivered today, hopefully I am home in time to sign for it.

Spec wise it is everything I am used to and like. The only change I would make would be a 3 piece neck or some reinforcement but that shouldn't be an issue for stability I think.

Body Shape: Dinky™
Body Material: Mahogany
Body Finish: Gloss

Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
Number of Frets: 22
Fret Size: Jumbo
String Nut: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
Headstock: Licensed Jackson® Reverse Pointed 6-In-Line with Charvel® Logo
Neck Plate: Charvel®
Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
Fingerboard: Ebony
Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin

Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® Super Distortion
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® Super Distortion DP218

Bridge: Floyd Rose® FRT-O1000 Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast

Speeddemon":2nzaink0 said:
Looks very good!

And also very close specs to a NGD that I just had... similar 80's hey-day brand. ;)

Thanks man and yeah that Kramer looks fantastic. Seems like you got a killer deal as well.

I think today is the day. Fed ex is supposed to hold it for me at the local office. Hopefully all goes well and I have the Charvel in my hands tonight.

mooncobra":206olpbd said:
I keep coming back to this thread and looking at that guitar. Its really awesome.

Will post real life pics asap. The curiosity of the gloss has been absolutely killing me for weeks. :LOL: :LOL:

Back