MC185653-body-xlarge.jpg

MC185653-front-xlarge.jpg

MC185653-angle-xlarge.jpg

MC185653-detail1-xlarge.jpg

MC185653-backbody-xlarge.jpg

MC185653-back-xlarge.jpg

You just had to one up me with a roasted board huh? I see how it is :LOL: :LOL:

Jk Congrats man, looks nice.

Looks great! Not sure why the heck they did the logo straight across like that however...

crwnedblasphemy":1rn67rig said:
sick. if these had floyd’s, i’d be game
Yep. Told the rep that at Summer NAMM. I'm under the impression that might very well happen but couldn't wait so I bought another Charvel.

Btw/ the necks on these are incredible. The neck heel is even more carved, more smooth than on the other DK24's. Was the best playing guitar I played at NAMM. Again, Floyd and I would have bought it.

I probably should do NGD - The Trilogy as I just got my DK24 Root Beer from Sweetwater.

Was at Sam Ash today .
They had one in some Orange crush color/white pickups.
Looked killer but I was in and out to buy trem springs.
Roasted neck looks sweet on these

So I got the guitar and here are my thoughts. I played the guitar for a few min out of the box and thought it was good. Then I decided it needed a good setup so I changed the strings, set the neck relief, and adjusted the bridge/saddles. The intonation was actually pretty much right. On most new guitars all I need to do is set the neck relief but this one needed everything.

The roasted neck is fantastic and probably the best feature of the guitar, the rolled edges are great and the frets are really nice. I also like the body shape/size, weight, and alder is my favorite body wood. The flat paint is a little different but it works. I like the Gotoh 510 bridge, it is the same bridge I order with all my Suhr guitars. It did need some attention when I got the guitar, all of the saddles were as high as they could go. The jack placement on the back of the body is new and I'm getting used to it, and overall I think it is a good placement. The pots and switch work great with no noise.

The bridge pickup sounds ok, but I hate the middle and neck pickups. The single coils are just not smooth. I may drop some kind of Bare Knuckle in the bridge and put some Suhr V60LP's in the middle and neck.

So, is it a $1k guitar, yep all day long.

Now go buy one!

Chuck

Back