Friedman 4x12...Tell Me About It

Junk Yard Dog

For fun, and we're playing bigger shows, I'm interested in adding a Friedman 4x12 to the stable. Haven't had a 4x12 in a long while. I have the 2x12 and love it with my BE50.

Wish it had casters, but I can get a dolly or add those if I want. GC has one with casters, but I'm not the type to drill holes in gear.

What say you guys? Looking for a good tight bottom end punch.

Cheers.

They're great cabs. Basically the same as Bogner but without the dacron batting on the back panel.

Love mine. I replaced the speakers with H75 Creambacks, because i hated the v30's. Far superior to my Marshall 1960 for sure

I have a Friedman 2x12 and BE412, they are great cabs. I put casters on both. The 412 sounds killer with the v30/Greenback speakers. Pretty much every amp I have tried through them sounds great. I have a Friedman Runt 50 and a PRS Archon 100w

Snave":2ivsgkku said:
They're great cabs. Basically the same as Bogner but without the dacron batting on the back panel.

Don't think the Friedman cabs have a fixed baffle board like the Bogners do. World of difference right there.

thegame":16ix7ptm said:
Snave":16ix7ptm said:

Don't think the Friedman cabs have a fixed baffle board like the Bogners do. World of difference right there.

Cool, thanks. What is that difference? I'm not familiar with what a fixed baffle board makes in cabs. Cheers!

Solid cabs . That being said , in a live setting with a close mic, they’re no better than a 1960b. Just my opinion of course

Norton666":hg990tno said:
Solid cabs . That being said , in a live setting with a close mic, they’re no better than a 1960b. Just my opinion of course
No secret there!

I love mine. I honestly haven't owned a lot of 4X12s but I had a Mesa 4X12 for a long time but like the punch and focus of the Friedman better. I had the Greeback/V30 combo in it for over a year, but just recently switched to all V30s. The combo probably had a bit more character, but the all V30s simply rule for hard rock and metal. The thing really roars. I may play with some other combos with the V30s in the future (H75s or T75s) but for now it is staying as is.

Got the cab. Love it. I love the 2x12 almost more, though. it just has something to it. However, the 4x12 I'm thinking to try something different besides the Greenbacks. I find them a little 'gritty', but I'm not used to them. I don't play classic rock as much as I do hard rock, metal-ish tones.

Any suggestions on maybe what to try besides the Greenbacks? Looking for more punch and a little less grit. Maybe CB H75s or M65s to mix with the V30s?

Thanks!

Junk Yard Dog":3ptrcmv1 said:
Got the cab. Love it. I love the 2x12 almost more, though. it just has something to it. However, the 4x12 I'm thinking to try something different besides the Greenbacks. I find them a little 'gritty', but I'm not used to them. I don't play classic rock as much as I do hard rock, metal-ish tones.

Any suggestions on maybe what to try besides the Greenbacks? Looking for more punch and a little less grit. Maybe CB H75s or M65s to mix with the V30s?

Thanks!

I LOOOOOOVE the CB H75's in mine. Pretty much exactly what you describe that you want.

Oddly, i didn't like my 212 a whole lot. To be fair... i don't like most 212;s

atrox":3gofletz said:
Junk Yard Dog":3gofletz said:

Thanks!

I LOOOOOOVE the CB H75's in mine. Pretty much exactly what you describe that you want.

Didn't you move to all CB75's?

Junk Yard Dog":1jlkock4 said:
atrox":1jlkock4 said:
Junk Yard Dog":1jlkock4 said:

Thanks!

Didn't you move to all CB75's?

Yes. i thought i didn't mind the v30's until i heard them isolated during recording. I just can't with those.

Back