Putting together new recording setup

mooncobra

So, its been a while since I have had a good recording setup. I used to run Logic and a MOTU 896. The mac I was running that on died a few years ago now. So, I got a PC that has a tremendous amount of power, and tons of storage. My brother is a producer is China and uses Ableton live 10 and said it is awesome. So, I got Ableton and a Universal Audio Apollo Twin. I am very much looking forward to start recording. I have always had a ton of fun recording songs. I also got the Ox Box in a trade and I am also looking forward to playing around with that.

Has anyone used Ableton Live 10? What are your thoughts?

thanks in advance!

Sounds cool! Look forward to hearing some recordings!

I'm a lazy SOB when it comes to technology and just take the easy way out and hit record on the zoom :LOL: :LOL: Wish I had the patience to mess with something more substantial.

Same here. . . Just moved into a new townhouse and just finished construction of the new room. Soundproof all walls and ceiling, dedicated power circuits and AC\Heat vents. This is the 4th version of my home studio and this time I'm incorporating DAW into my old analog setup. Big change for me as in the past everything has been via the mixing board and patch bays. Hopefully I'll have some tracks up soon.

Attachments

• New Studio_sm.jpg
    New Studio_sm.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 243
HellraiserJohnny":2nrktf8k said:
Same here. . . Just moved into a new townhouse and just finished construction of the new room. Soundproof all walls and ceiling, dedicated power circuits and AC\Heat vents. This is the 4th version of my home studio and this time I'm incorporating DAW into my old analog setup. Big change for me as in the past everything has been via the mixing board and patch bays. Hopefully I'll have some tracks up soon.

Wow, that looks awesome man!

I’ve haven’t used Ableton Live in many years and even then it was a limited free version. It was mainly geared towards live shows at venues, but I’m sure can be used for studio type recordings too.

Congrats and good luck. I’d be curious to know your take on it after you get rolling.

Back