Best Line Out Box?

braintheory

Hey guys, thanks to Racerxrated, I’ve been using the line out jack from my Mesa boogie mark iic+ lately to use into other poweramps instead of using its fx loop jacks to connect to poweramps and MUCH prefer its sound that way and so I would love to try using my other amps the same way, but most of them don’t have line outs and a bunch don’t even have fx loops, so I wanted to ask if any line out box pedals would work as well and if so which would be the best one to get with the least tone suck? Would any of them work as well as the line out on my Mesa?

Suhr Iso Line out box. Plugs into your open speaker jack but does not affect your amps impedance to your speaker, it just taps the output signal there. Works great, has a ground lift level control pot to control how hard you hit the input of your desired signal path. I think he is still making these.

harddriver":ugfj0v9a said:
Suhr Iso Line out box. Plugs into your open speaker jack but does not affect your amps impedance to your speaker, it just taps the output signal there. Works great, has a ground lift level control pot to control how hard you hit the input of your desired signal path. I think he is still making these.

This.

I have one and it is awesome.

But...

Dave Bray makes one also, i also have one and it works as well. Less options on it but i dont miss them, did not need the phase or ground lift option on mine.

Choices, always too many of those.....

7 Stringer":10uax6ju said:
harddriver":10uax6ju said:

This.

But...

Dave Bray makes one also, i also have one and it works as well. Less options on it but i dont miss them, did not need the phase or ground lift option on mine.

I have a Bray as well, and when I compare the line out of my Wizard to the line out box the box has a slight tone suck to it. It was 50 bucks compared to the Suhr which is around 200 I think? Not sure if the Suhr is any better.

Racerxrated":3gc4a0qi said:
7 Stringer":3gc4a0qi said:
harddriver":3gc4a0qi said:

This.

But...

I have a Bray as well, and when I compare the line out of my Wizard to the line out box the box has a slight tone suck to it. It was 50 bucks compared to the Suhr which is around 200 I think? Not sure if the Suhr is any better.

Compared both the Bray and Suhr and they where identical. I also compared them with the line out on my Peters, Friedman and VHT and did not notice any tone loss. Keep in mind that my line out goes out to an effects processor for a wdw setup. Hard to tell if it sucks tone going back and forth. But my dry signal in my wet cabs sounds damn amazing so.....

Works great for me.. Both of them...

harddriver":2adylvpt said:

I have a custom one made by Suhr before the production iso box. I also have the production model. The no -production version sounds better to my ears. Still, I like the Shur items a lot.

Back