Rest in peace Oli

suhrimmetal

Rest in peace Oli Herbert. Such a kind and humble soul... and a monster player. A lot more to say... but nothing more to say. Cheers and be kind.

Yeah, heard about it today, damn big loss. Such a good soul and what a musician!!!!! One of the greats.

We play Six with my band and they all wanna play Two Weeks also, i am always like" Are you nuts, did you hear the solo in that song!!!!!...." Lol.

RIP brother..... Say "HIGH" to Dime for me will ya!!!!!

I don't know a bunch about Oli, but that song with the helicopters in the video inspired me to grab an Ibanez S. He had such a fat tone on that. Great player indeed. RIP

Not too familiar with his music, but he was a very talented guitarist. Really nice guy too. I friended him on Facebook for the heck of it, not personally knowing him at all, and he accepted. Seems he liked having a guitar community on Facebook. He would post theory lessons/challenges pretty often. Really cool thing to do.

All That Remains is actually one of my favorite metal bands. “Two Weeks” and “This Calling” are still my go to riffs whenever I test out gear. Some of my favorite riffs ever. And he is one of the few guitarists who plays leads that are actually tasteful and have something to say rather than just filler stuff or fast licks that don’t really have any substance. He was for me one of the few metal guitarists along with Randy Rhoads and Marty Friedman and maybe a few others who had fast guitar solos that actually evoked feeling and were substantive. I remember playing their song “six” in guitar hero back when I was 13. It was one of my favorite songs in the game

RIP

Damn shame,I have only seen a few of his/their videos and he was awesome ! 44,wow way to young,I don't know how I have made it to 52 doing all the stupid shit I've done in the past..I will have to check out This Calling and Two Weeks now.

Sad, wasn't like afan fan of the guy but he was a damn good guitarist and way too young to go.

You know there is a FB page titled Justice for Oli Herbert.

It's quite disturbing. Made by what I assume to be close friends of Oli accusing his widow of murdering him.

There are many of her posts screenshoted, wills changed (possibly forged) 1 week before his death.

I can understand how someone dealing with the loss of a loved one would act strange but some of the things she posted are straight up deranged and IMO incriminating.

D-Rock":1ooemp1o said:
Taking Lorazepam as well as a heavy sleep aid anywhere near water is not a good idea...

Is that what it was? do we know what both drugs were?
The story i read said anti depressant and sleep aid. Lorazepam is generic ativan, which is a Benzodiazepine...totally different beast.

read through some of that FB shit.... sounds like he was in a really bad relationship, thats for sure :confused:

I always stayed away from "metal chicks", but my friends who didn't, always had the most fucked up relationships :LOL: :LOL:

Back