Anyone using an HX effects to switch channels on their amp?

jcj

Just picked up a BE50 last week (killer amp), and I'm wondering if the HX Effects will change all three channels; anyone using this setup?

I know the FX8 will do it, but a friend is loaning me an HX to check out, and I thought I'd ask here before I stumbled around too much trying to figure it out. :LOL: :LOL:

You can, but you'd have to either lose expression pedal inputs or pedal loops in the process to be used as switching outputs. Or alternatively, you could use a midi-based switcher like a GRX4 or RJM Gizmo.

firegate":256ogeps said:
You can, but you'd have to either lose expression pedal inputs or pedal loops in the process to be used as switching outputs. Or alternatively, you could use a midi-based switcher like a GRX4 or RJM Gizmo.

Thanks for the reply.

I get how to do it in theory, but I was wondering if anyone actually ran the HX with a BE50 (or with any 3 channel amp); I’m unclear as to whether it takes three separate buttons, or can be run off of two.

Probably depends on the amp switching.

The HX effects will switch latching switching amps just fine, but one big issue, is Line 6 does not isolate the ground on the switching system and this will induce a ground loop. Most went to the Amp Gizmo or something of the like to switch channels.

I use the bottom row for midi channel switching to my VH4 and the top row for effects.

44205232_10156477467434087_7394412217317195776_n.jpg

baron55":36mxxleg said:
The HX effects will switch latching switching amps just fine, but one big issue, is Line 6 does not isolate the ground on the switching system and this will induce a ground loop. Most went to the Amp Gizmo or something of the like to switch channels.

Thanks, appreciate the heads up.

Are you switching two or three channels.

spguitar":3ftrw2zk said:
I use the bottom row for midi channel switching to my VH4 and the top row for effects.

44205232_10156477467434087_7394412217317195776_n.jpg

Thanks..unfortunately no midi on this one.

Nice setup! :thumbsup:

If you go with the FX8, Redco will build you a nice four channel snake to allow you to use the 4 CM. They’ll will wire up your humbuster cables for you too. The price is really reasonable and cuts down on all the clutter. Here’s mine.

qqIj05Ol.jpg

LP Freak":10k1e6pf said:
If you go with the FX8, Redco will build you a nice four channel snake to allow you to use the 4 CM. They’ll will wire up your humbuster cables for you too. The price is really reasonable and cuts down on all the clutter. Here’s mine.

qqIj05Ol.jpg

Super helpful, Paul!

Just grabbed the HX from Rob, so I’ll be able to mess around with it this weekend.

Should have all I need to know.

Thanks again, to all who chimed in!

Back