Loving this pedal board rig.

maddnotez

Banned
:rock:

Have to say the video doesn't do any justice. Concrete and high gain just doesn't mix. But it sounds ridiculous in the room. One of these days ill get the cab out of the basement.

Anyway just got bored and tweaked a little.

Quilter 101 mini, Amptweaker Tight Metal Pro, Boosted with Keeley D&M. This time into the Mills 412 with V30's. For metal this little rig is pretty crushing. Still can't embed from a cell for some reason.

https://youtu.be/9buRVsF1yrA

Also here is a pic of the board. Havent set anything down yet for official wire up. Need to make a couple of more decisions and im not transporting it anywhere at the moment so whatever.

Got all this on there, could put a real power supply underneath, getting rid of the Emma most likely and will have 1/3 of the space freed up for other stuff.

maddnotez":38a5n6hn said:

Have to say the video doesn't do any justice. Concrete and high gain just doesn't mix. But it sounds ridiculous in the room. One of these days ill get the cab out of the basement.

Quilter 101 mini, Amptweaker Tight Metal Pro, Boosted with Keeley D&M. This time into the Mills 412 with V30's. For metal this little rig is pretty crushing. Still can't embed from a cell for some reason.

Also here is a pic of the board. Havent set anything down yet for official wire up. Need to make a couple of more decisions and im not transporting it anywhere at the moment so whatever.

Got all this on there, could put a real power supply underneath, getting rid of the Emma most likely and will have 1/3 of the space freed up for other stuff.

How do you like that Quilter?

lockingtuner":z5c5oczk said:
maddnotez":z5c5oczk said:

How do you like that Quilter?

Still loving it :rock: haven't played with a drummer with this setup so I can't comment on volume but it seems to get pretty loud. It's obviously Solid State but it sounds incredible. I am keeping an eye on that Fortin Monolith or whatever it is though.

I sold the Bogner so I do miss the tubes. I plan to get the JJ 20 but I still love having a portable pedalboard rig.

Great to hear. The videos of it were impressive and I was a little surprised. Please let us know how it holds up in a band.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like standalone power amps are coming back a little.

lockingtuner":3v4qdf52 said:
Great to hear. The videos of it were impressive and I was a little surprised. Please let us know how it holds up in a band.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like standalone power amps are coming back a little.
Yeah, i missed the rack craze but I guess this is the next best thing apart from tubes. Was just discussing this on GGF forum how I wish these were tube powered and someone showed me that Monolith.

Nothing beats 100w of headroom but these little amps are just practical.

Although it's never been given the true test im certain this would hold its own in a band mix, let alone being miked at a club. I had a 44 magnum at first and that was ALMOST enough to cut in a metal band with a drummer who had no self control, and i mean barely...The 44 Mag was so close to being enough juice and this Quilter definitely destroys it volume wise.

maddnotez":34e8gh5p said:
lockingtuner":34e8gh5p said:

Yeah, i missed the rack craze but I guess this is the next best thing apart from tubes. Was just discussing this on GGF forum how I wish these were tube powered and someone showed me that Monolith.

Although it's never been given the true test im certain this would hold its own in a band mix, let alone being miked at a club. I had a 44 magnum at first and that was ALMOST enough to cut in a metal band with a drummer who had no self control, and i mean barely...The 44 Mag was so close to being enough juice and this Quilter definitely destroys it volume wise.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a tube power amp?

lockingtuner":3k2cojbp said:
maddnotez":3k2cojbp said:
lockingtuner":3k2cojbp said:

Unfortunately no. I decided to sell my amp given personal music situations and to have a better Christmas for the Fam. I will eventually get another just because i miss the tube feel but the Quilter definitely makes due and IMO the only thing missing is the feel that only tubes can provide.

maddnotez":1ohrj625 said:
lockingtuner":1ohrj625 said:
maddnotez":1ohrj625 said:
lockingtuner":1ohrj625 said:

Unfortunately no. I decided to sell my amp given personal music situations and to have a better Christmas for the Fam. I will eventually get another just because i miss the tube feel but the Quilter definitely makes due and IMO the only thing missing is the feel that only tubes can provide.

I hear ya. And by the sounds of it, you'll need a pretty decent power amp to top what you've got now.

Yeah I guess idk. Im sure any 50w or more EL34 or KT88 would be awesome but the only one I would get for this setup would be the Monolith or something similar since it is a small portable box I could keep on the board.

I wish I could make better demos. I listened back and it sounds so much better in person. The concrete basement and cell phone recordings just don't do well :LOL:

Holy crap!! Man that sounds massive!!

I've been singing praises for the D&M pedal man. I love that pedal!! I run that into my Axe-Fx II and even sounds good for boosting stuff. I eventually want to get a nice tube amp to use with it. I was just on the phone with Mr. Keeley last night in fact. We were discussing NAMM and all of the new stuff coming out. I told him to keep doing those pedals like the D&M with two options. He has that DDR which might be my next one.

romanianreaper":1482iee0 said:
Holy crap!! Man that sounds massive!!

I've been singing praises for the D&M pedal man. I love that pedal!! I run that into my Axe-Fx II and even sounds good for boosting stuff. I eventually want to get a nice tube amp to use with it. I was just on the phone with Mr. Keeley last night in fact. We were discussing NAMM and all of the new stuff coming out. I told him to keep doing those pedals like the D&M with two options. He has that DDR which might be my next one.

It really is a killer boost. I only used the right side so tbh I'd prefer a single channel pedal with that side only. (If he makes one what model is it)

That pedal sounded best with this setup. I also used it with the Bogner depending on the room and which cab but the Koko Boost was my #1 with my Bogner and 4x12 normally.

I had to sell a ton of items including the Keeley but I fully intended on getting another D&M along with a Timmy and to try some others.

Back