Kramer baretta special for upgrading and practice

ultimatemetalguitartones

I ve found one locally for 120 euros with new locking tuners. I don't care about the tremolo. I also own an 83 kramer pacer. I am just looking for a cheap guitar that plays well. I would definitely change the pickup and maybe find a fixed bridge. Do you think it's worth it.?

Sure. Replace jack for a Switchcraft, replace pot (ideally Bourns, otherwise Alpha or CTS), better wiring and then throw in a used Duncan or DiMarzio.
Then you're probably still under 80 euro's in upgrades.

That's a good price I think? Man, as long as the neck speaks to you there are always upgrades that can be done as mentioned...I had a vintage Jackson strat that played like a dream but sounded thin....I grabbed an L shaped FU tone brass block and BOOM! A nice thick resonant guitar.

Speeddemon":32rtgeks said:
Sure. Replace jack for a Switchcraft, replace pot (ideally Bourns, otherwise Alpha or CTS), better wiring and then throw in a used Duncan or DiMarzio.
:rock: :rock: :rock: Rock on! I grabbed it yesterday night! It's definintely a player! The neck is really good and fast! Good thing the previous owner had changed the stock keys with some locking tuning ones. I'll be posting some photos soon/!

Speeddemon":26yqdr8r said:
What about the stock bridge? Do you think I should replace it?

Thats a cool looking guitar. The Duncan Distortion is great for those chunky play mutes but it doesn't clean up very well from my experience . The AT-1 is high output but its kind of a polite high output if that makes sense

hammered":29cthv6r said:
Thats a cool looking guitar. The Duncan Distortion is great for those chunky play mutes but it doesn't clean up very well from my experience . The AT-1 is high output but its kind of a polite high output if that makes sense
Thx dude! Di marzio pickup it is then..!

hammered":3o5h07v6 said:
What about the super distortion?

sotosprince":dpmf7zfa said:
hammered":dpmf7zfa said:
Will sound less good clean than the AT-1. Also, SuperD=ceramic magnet, more output.
I have each of them in 2 different Les Pauls. The AT-1 has a bit more harmonics going on and still plenty of 'chunk'. The SuperD will sound a bit bigger, more agressive too.

Speeddemon":2h4ezf5a said:
sotosprince":2h4ezf5a said:
hammered":2h4ezf5a said:
Will sound less good clean than the AT-1. Also, SuperD=ceramic magnet, more output.
I have each of them in 2 different Les Pauls. The AT-1 has a bit more harmonics going on and still plenty of 'chunk'. The SuperD will sound a bit bigger, more agressive too.
Thx man. I appreciate that!

sotosprince":n6teuend said:
hammered":n6teuend said:

I like the Super Distortion but for me it’s always a bit to raunchy. If I was just playing metal it would work great but FWIW a lot of non metal guys have used it

hammered":scr5e5iv said:
sotosprince":scr5e5iv said:
hammered":scr5e5iv said:

I like the Super Distortion but for me it’s always a bit to raunchy. If I was just playing metal it would work great but FWIW a lot of non metal guys have used it
Thx for the detailed answer dude!

Back