Vox Greenback

MrDowntown

stupid question maybe....
a local guy has a g12m25w greenback, at a decent price. it was taken from a Vox amp.

i'm assuming there is no difference other than Vox being stamped on the magnet sticker??, (than the greenback i'd buy off the shelf somewhere)

Is it a newer one? I used to have a newer one made in China that came in a Night Train cab.

It's definitely not just a standard Greenback. The doping and the dustcap are different. More vintage-looking. From the front, it looked more like a Heritage Greenback than a standard current MIC one. It had the 1777 cone like the non-Heritage one, though. Honestly, I can't tell you how different it sounds from a standard current production MIC Greenback, but those come with the shiny doping material and modern dustcap ala Vintage 30.

It was a nice-sounding speaker, either way. Louder and rattier than the EVH/Heritage ones I used to have, but nice.

honestly i'm not sure how old it may be... here is a pic

Attachments

• 00101_1pnlApF0wwT_1200x900.jpg
    00101_1pnlApF0wwT_1200x900.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 517
I have one that looks exactly the same in my Blackstar 2x12. I remember checking out where it was made, by serial number maybe, and it was a rather old MIC speaker. Sounds like a good greenback with many hours of playing on its shoulders.

interesting....it'd be going in a 212, pairing it with new gb
wonder how they might get-along...

thanks guys!

Depending on the age of the amp it could be British and have the 6402 cone..pretty sought after speaker. I think those were produced up through 2000.

Guy says he knows nothing about the age of it...and not a lot of info on what it came out of other than he bought a used cab that had it in there...

Since it's a single Greenie...I'm guessing it came from a Vox 112.

Meeting up Wednesday...planning to snatch it up

MrDowntown":33otkhma said:
Guy says he knows nothing about the age of it...and not a lot of info on what it came out of other than he bought a used cab that had it in there...

Look on the cone for the white stamp, could be 6402. Those are very close to the exact tone of a mid 70s greenie. Really nice speaker.

Racerxrated":az3wz8k0 said:
MrDowntown":az3wz8k0 said:

Look on the cone for the white stamp, could be 6402. Those are very close to the exact tone of a mid 70s greenie. Really nice speaker.

It’s the 1777

Won’t try it til tomorrow

thanks for the feesback guys

Back