AXE FX III JCM800....Atomica....Cameron CCV....Smallbox

BYTOR

Leon dials in different flavors of some of the Marshall type amp models in the AFXIII

Marshall Mods

Atomica

Marshall JMP1.....Cameron CCV.....Friedman Smallbox......Capt Hook

1987X....1959 SLP etc...

Master Volume Marshalls

50W 6550 & other Plexis

psychodave":vyl5kxg7 said:
These videos make me want to get an Ax Fx 3. lol

Has the opposite effect on me. Reminds me of why I don't. Sounds fake, and fizz city. Nothing organic, or tube sounding about it. Like a refined POD.

I am rather enjoying my axe3 as well. Admittedly I am very novice at operating it, so it takes me quite a bit of time to dial it in. I'm likely going to end up stealing patches from the guys who know what they're doing.

That said, I have it sounding 99.99% like my dual rectifier. Playing through my diezel cab I have all the organic feel, tube in the room sound you could ever want.

This coming from a guy who wanted badly to be a tube snob. I've run every type of test I can and for me the axe3 is a winner.

My personal opinion, a lot of the presents out of the box on the axe3 stink. You do need to tweak it to find the best tone. At some point I may get sick of that. I think a lot of people don't spend enough time with it, honestly.

Fordman65":3klxe7tp said:
I am rather enjoying my axe3 as well. Admittedly I am very novice at operating it, so it takes me quite a bit of time to dial it in. I'm likely going to end up stealing patches from the guys who know what they're doing.

That said, I have it sounding 99.99% like my dual rectifier. Playing through my diezel cab I have all the organic feel, tube in the room sound you could ever want.

This coming from a guy who wanted badly to be a tube snob. I've run every type of test I can and for me the axe3 is a winner.

My personal opinion, a lot of the presents out of the box on the axe3 stink. You do need to tweak it to find the best tone. At some point I may get sick of that. I think a lot of people don't spend enough time with it, honestly.

Which power amp do you use?

psychodave":39ncsu2k said:
Is it a stapler thingy? I'm unable to view the videos, sorry. :(

swinglines.png

peterc52":38oqfmf0 said:
Fordman65":38oqfmf0 said:

I use a matrix GT1000FX-2U.

Fordman65":7w5k4zlr said:
peterc52":7w5k4zlr said:
Fordman65":7w5k4zlr said:

I used to own one of those and used it with my Axe-Fx II. Great power amp!

I use a matrix GT1000FX-2U.

Fordman65":3mwygg2v said:

Kemper dude. You need to do minimal tweaking at most. You don't need a computer to do it all. It's super easy to do on the unit.

The thing about Leon Todd is, he pulls up a Mesa Sim, a Marshall sim, a Cameron, and he kinda sounds the same no matter what amp sim he's using. I know, it's the same on real amps where someone sounds the same on different amps. But kinda funny to me how people gush about 200 different amp sims and hardly sound any different using any number of them.

napalmdeath":12bx6ess said:
psychodave":12bx6ess said:

Has the opposite effect on me. Reminds me of why I don't. Sounds fake, and fizz city. Nothing organic, or tube sounding about it. Like a refined POD.

Same here.

These videos are useless to me, get me a soundboard of an actual gig and than I can draw some conclusions.
These sounds are likely to get buried in a mix.

napalmdeath":3u3je77l said:
psychodave":3u3je77l said:

full

These don't do anything for me. But I will say that EXPcustom's profiles are aggravating my GAS pains for a Kemper!!! :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

He likes Bright tones but if you watch his real amp vids that’s the sound he goes for
Which is great when I listen to his band the songs are good and it works

To address the all amps sound the same
I would tend to agree same player same guitars and pickups and similar amp voicings
There is for sure a common theme

But I think same exists in real world
A modern hi gain amp is a modern hi gain amps
I think that’s why there is so much flipping amps
We all think it’s gonna be so different and 80 % of the time we dial it in to pretty near the other amps we owned it are comfort zone

Back