So we ran a Cantrell modded Fish through a Mesa IIC+ head

Jeebus having those two is like winning the lottery. I saw Alice in Chains open for Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax during the Clash of the Titans tour. I think both AiC and Megadeth were using the Fish back then werent they?

ClintN667":2z784c9a said:
Jeebus having those two is like winning the lottery. I saw Alice in Chains open for Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax during the Clash of the Titans tour. I think both AiC and Megadeth were using the Fish back then werent they?

Well I have been collecting and trading gear since 98 so I came across some choice stuff over the years at great prices over the years but enough about that. The preamp is actually for a customer, he had Mark recreate the Shark channel based off of schematics of Jerry's main recording Fish when it was in for repairs. We found the original correct NOS parts to do the mod because you can see a switch has to be removed and a pot added.

A lot of people don't know this but Kirk's main recording gear for the Black album was a original Fish(No Cantrell mod) with a VHT2150. You can actually see it multiple times in the "Year and a half in the life..." Metallica video part 1.

Danny Spitz from Anthrax actually turned Jerry onto the Fish and the Shark mod. Technically the Fish "Cantrell" mod should be called the "Spitz" mod.

As far as I know the preamp Megadeth used was the Triple Giant not the Fish but they are somewhat "related".

EXPcustom":2ipaajg2 said:
ClintN667":2ipaajg2 said:

Well I have been collecting and trading gear since 98 so I came across some choice stuff over the years at great prices over the years but enough about that. The preamp is actually for a customer, he had Mark recreate the Shark channel based off of schematics of Jerry's main recording Fish when it was in for repairs. We found the original correct NOS parts to do the mod because you can see a switch has to be removed and a pot added.

A lot of people don't know this but Kirk's main recording gear for the Black album was a original Fish(No Cantrell mod) with a VHT2150. You can actually see it multiple times in the "Year and a half in the life..." Metallica video part 1.

Danny Spitz from Anthrax actually turned Jerry onto the Fish and the Shark mod. Technically the Fish "Cantrell" mod should be called the "Spitz" mod.

As far as I know the preamp Megadeth used was the Triple Giant not the Fish but they are somewhat "related".
That's true. He used Bradshaw CAE and Bogner Fish Preamp for clean and lows on the Black Album.

crwnedblasphemy":32ek5la5 said:
Sounds great man...those profiles.

Funny thing is the profile clip has half as many views and same amount of likes as the real deal clip. We must be doing something right. :rock:

That sounds awesome! Angry as all hell and clear as a bell at the same time.

Back