I've come to realize that I don't like drop C tuning.

crwnedblasphemy

haha...

My old band played in this tuning(not by my choice), but all my guitars are tuned different. I really am not motivated when playing in this tuning? Seriously play like 10 minutes and put the axe down for another one.

I feel like I write way more stuff on D standard, or B standard(7 string).

Anyone else have a tuning they are just not inspired by anymore? Cuz it's more of an inspiration thing...some tunings riffs just fly off the board to me, while others nada

I recently have been on a guitar buying kick and have been trying the new arrivals in drop D and D standard and it's been refreshing. I have been playing in drop C exclusively the last few years and still really enjoy it, but it is nice to bounce around for diversity sake. It does seem to spark new inspiration when things get stale.

I like it in E. With the ability to drop the low E to D thru the fine tuners.
It just feels right to me. I tried lower tuning. But not into it so much.

Can't speak for drop C, but one of my guitars is in C# standard and I play tons of sabbath on it, covers with the band. Great for that stuff.

One thing is that it introduces alot of bass, 11 gauge with C# tunning. I always have to adjust the eq accordingly.

I tend to play more in any of the "standard" tunings (E, D, C, B), and don't play drop too much. I will sometimes, but usually back up to standard in 15 minutes. I dunno why though.... I guess just because I learned that way, and it feels the most natural to me.

I don't like standard or any of it's lower formations. I primarily play drop D down half a step and drop C.

I just tuned a guitar to C standard and dropped it I really enjoy it more then drop C. But I still feel drop C it has its place for me depending on the day. Feel like drop C is still to bright in some places though.

I play entirely differently in other tunings. I don't know why, the whole vibe changes for how I write. Drop C is not a go-to for me, I'm usually in E, Eb, D standard, or drop C#. I really don't like tuning C or lower for anything I usually play, but for certain things, it works and brings out something cool.

Drop C is one of those tunings I really enjoy for like two weeks and then for some reason hate it.

Weirdly I’ve been in drop B for a few years and never get bored with it.

Steinmetzify":24zr5m9k said:
Drop C is one of those tunings I really enjoy for like two weeks and then for some reason hate it.

Weirdly I’ve been in drop B for a few years and never get bored with it.
Lol because it's more in depth

I'm torn with C# standard (1 & 1/2 steps down) because I don't mind the sound of strings 1-5 but I don't like the standard formation. And if I drop the 6th to B, I don't like the GONK GONK GONK sound of the chugging open 6th string. It just too Nu-metal and Djent sounding for me.

I prefer standard tuning tension with Drop D/B when necessary.

I use a Digitech drop to drop the tuning in overall half-step increments.

Starts with half step down when the pedal is engaged and goes to 3.5 steps down in half step increments. Has a good octave down setting (bass emulator) that tracks well and an original/octaver setting too which i love as well!

No more guitars in all different tunings!!

My favorite pedal by farrrrr!

I don't think drop C sacrifices any punch. Granted, it's very popular with Metalcore bands, but KSE and AILD have very punchy high gain guitar tones.

acalaf":2wey0iyr said:
drop C looses the punch. drop C # still retains it, especially on marshalls and mesa marks.
Agreed. I tune in D# and I'll drop to C# and that sounds killer. Still retains punch and sounds heavy as fuck. I don't think that tuning any lower than that necessarily sounds any heavier, just lower. Straight D is also a great metal tuning.

I get inspired differently by any tuning & can enjoy it all

Live band couldn’t do that due to logistics, so we went with D/dropC & a 7 in standard B/dropA (which has E/dropD inside of it)

Mostly dropC

So the axe I have in drop C when i got home last night i tunes it to c# standard and that sounds good to me. i had 10-52s on it and that was damn close, but i did order a set this morning of 11-52 cuz i felt the higher strings were just a bit flimsy. but yeah, quick playing in that tuning i dug. going for that.

Back