I think I blew out my right hand/wrist

crankyrayhanky

Last night
Cleaning up the garage, I was at the end and needed to put an early 00s & heavy Ampeg 4x10 up on a stack
I took my time, legs no back focus

Seemed ok at the time, but during the next few hours my right hand was screaming. Like can’t even turn a doorknob or hold the phone; almost zero grip ability

Kept ice on it, bought some healing creams today

I can play some of my mellow tunes. But power to dig in, speed pick, move & hold the pick for tapping is an issue

F***********!
I hope this isn’t a 6 month or long term thing?!

That bass stack sound amazing, but I think it’s going to CList
I’ll get a modern light bass rig (assuming I heal up)

Talk about a gas killer!
Any insight appreciated!

Actually I did!! :LOL: :LOL:
I had that twisted spine. Off work for 2 months.
Barely able to walk. Was struggling to get in the bathroom.
Slipped and fell. Slammed into to the bathtub.
Knocked unconscious. Wife found me. Thought I was dead.
I musta slammed my hand against the wall when falling.
Nerve damage. Can move my last 3 fingers on right hand.
But no strength in them. Just this weird overall numb feeling.
It sucks. Yes it takes away my desire to play as well.
This happened back In may. :aww:

I was having major problems with my right wrist last year. I looked up some wrist excersizes on the internet and they really really worked. Mainly stretching back and forth, wrist rolls, and doing warm ups before playing. I read some guitarists would stretch their hands under warm water before playing, I started doing this and it REALLY helped.

Also as far as the bass amp, check out the Fender Rumble 1x15. It is the amp my brother uses, can keep up with a loud drummer/band, and is very light. They also sound amazing. It weighs only about 32 lbs.

Mailman1971":pthnl9ip said:
Kinda. But no where near 100 percent

Are you still able to finger butt holes? :cry:

I broke my elbow last year and couldn't play for a few months. It sucked but it could have been worse.

I've had right wrist issues. Done pretty much all the treatments for my specific issue, including surgery.

Where exactly is your pain?

So, your back can lead to nerve issues in your arms/legs/hands/feet. If you have tingling in your hand or feet it is sometimes called 'Radiculopathy' but it's usually not that isolated, to just your one wrist/hand. You might just have a sprain in one of your wrist ligaments, from lifting that cab. Best to get it checked out because you can damage it more by using it to play.

Mailman1971":2yl46daf said:

I hear you. People like us though, it's like that Monty Pythion sketch where they keep chopping his limbs off, we just keep playing through :rock:

sutepaj":2yl46daf said:
I was having major problems with my right wrist last year. I looked up some wrist excersizes on the internet and they really really worked. Mainly stretching back and forth, wrist rolls, and doing warm ups before playing. I read some guitarists would stretch their hands under warm water before playing, I started doing this and it REALLY helped.

Also as far as the bass amp, check out the Fender Rumble 1x15. It is the amp my brother uses, can keep up with a loud drummer/band, and is very light. They also sound amazing. It weighs only about 32 lbs.
This exercises helped. Also the chronic was an amazing difference!
My buddy is the amp designer of those Rumble bass amps; I heard that whole line and whatever else they put out. That stuff is surprisingly light and sounds fantastic. Definitely near the top of my list once I sell these monsters off

Salos":2yl46daf said:
I've had right wrist issues. Done pretty much all the treatments for my specific issue, including surgery.

Where exactly is your pain?
Pretty much everything from the wrist to the back of the hand through the fingers (no grip)
It's already a lot better so I hope this is one of those 1 week things rather than long term stuff

Racerxrated":2yl46daf said:
So, your back can lead to nerve issues in your arms/legs/hands/feet. If you have tingling in your hand or feet it is sometimes called 'Radiculopathy' but it's usually not that isolated, to just your one wrist/hand. You might just have a sprain in one of your wrist ligaments, from lifting that cab. Best to get it checked out because you can damage it more by using it to play.
That makes sense. Is that possible even if my back feels 100%? I guess so. I'll get things checked out

On the bright side, I'm mousing and typing again, lol
Thanks all!

crankyrayhanky":12y0mea1 said:
Last night
Cleaning up the garage, I was at the end and needed to put an early 00s & heavy Ampeg 4x10 up on a stack
I took my time, legs no back focus

Seemed ok at the time, but during the next few hours my right hand was screaming. Like can’t even turn a doorknob or hold the phone; almost zero grip ability

Kept ice on it, bought some healing creams today

I can play some of my mellow tunes. But power to dig in, speed pick, move & hold the pick for tapping is an issue

F***********!
I hope this isn’t a 6 month or long term thing?!

That bass stack sound amazing, but I think it’s going to CList
I’ll get a modern light bass rig (assuming I heal up)

Talk about a gas killer!
Any insight appreciated!

same thing happened to me a year or so ago . I don't remember what I was doing but all of a sudden severe pain and no strength in my right hand .
Now it does it from time to time for no reason. I think its arthritis.... sux no doubt, but like you said in another post. I just keep playing

For me I got strength in my thumb and first 2 fingers.
The other 3 are movable. But no strength and limited movement.
It’s not cool. :no:

Metlupass2":33gr5qq4 said:
Mailman1971":33gr5qq4 said:

Are you still able to finger butt holes? :cry:

I broke my elbow last year and couldn't play for a few months. It sucked but it could have been worse.
To a certain extent. Yes.
I whip out a proxy midstream.
You won’t notice a difference.

Be careful..I actually shattered my right wrist completely in 95' and was supposed to have the whole damn thing fused,but this kickass doctor pieced it back together somewhat and the last few years been killing me,I keep thinking I will not be able to play guitar or use it eventually,and my dumbass keeps getting gear that I will not be able to use someday soon..the scars on top of my wrist and sides still look fresh and it 23 years old now.
Its so hard not to use your wrist(s) in everyday life it sucks..
I hope yours heals up enough where pain eventually goes away and you are 100%,but age will fuck you eventually if it doesn't heal up good and fast enough.

Back