Elixir Nanowebs

Been using nanowebs for years, feel great and last forever.

I've been meaning to try the new Optiwebs but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I know it’s probably silly and may not hear any difference, but I just just can’t get passed the thought of the coating dampening the edge off the sound.

Metlupass2":2y2zn6bj said:
Best strings ever

/thread

+1. Only strings I have used since probably just after they came out. My hands eat regular strings like salt on a slug.

technomancer":2yw3ubh4 said:
Been using nanowebs for years, feel great and last forever.

I've been meaning to try the new Optiwebs but haven't gotten around to it yet.

This! I stoped using D'Addario XLs and Slinkies on almost all my guitars in favor of the Elixirs, they sound broken in at the start and stay that way a looooong time! \m/

Does anyone gig them ?
I don't care if they sound new or old because in a live situation noone can really tell and the audience definitely can't , I care if they snap the same as any normal string.
They have no reinforcement on the ball end wrap so it seems they have the same weak areas as normal strings so I don't get the point of them ?
Are they solely intended for home and studio players ?

Wolf5151":jgyrdf3t said:
Does anyone gig them ?
I don't care if they sound new or old because in a live situation noone can really tell and the audience definitely can't , I care if they snap the same as any normal string.
They have no reinforcement on the ball end wrap so it seems they have the same weak areas as normal strings so I don't get the point of them ?

I used to gig them all the time. Use a heavy hand and I have never broken one.

fek":3uncwha2 said:
Wolf5151":3uncwha2 said:
Does anyone gig them ?

How often did you change them ?

Been using them almost exclusively for several years now. I tried the NYXL for a few sets and went back to the Elixirs. Not sure what all the hype is about.
They last & they sound great. I've not broken one either, touch wood.

Wolf5151":xh7hpjti said:
fek":xh7hpjti said:
Wolf5151":xh7hpjti said:
Does anyone gig them ?

These days it would be every 3 or 4 months roughly. During the two rehearsals per week and two to three shows per week days, probably every 2 months or so.

If I was using regular strings, I would have to change them after two rehearsals and then again after a show. Something about the acids in my hands sweat that just eats normal strings.

Wolf5151":3sqkn9pz said:
fek":3sqkn9pz said:
Wolf5151":3sqkn9pz said:
Does anyone gig them ?

I've broken them while gigging. When you see the plastic coating coming off the strings in the area you pick them, change out the strings. I get 3-6 months from a set, I change them once the coating starts coming off.

I’d consider changing strings more often pal. I only play about 30 mins a day nowadays and I’d say I change strings every 2 months at most. If you’re on stage and sweating and playing for an hour inc practicing mid week, those strings are taking a beating.

Back