The next great thrash band?? Seen these kids?

D-Rock":34ea2tqy said:
ke2":34ea2tqy said:
Dissing them for not being original is pretty much a moronic thing to do :thumbsdown:
Post some of your own stuff from when you were 14.

Chances are, if Andy Wood or Pete Thorn, two guys who posted here, and actually made something of themselves in music were to comment, I'm pretty damn sure they would say nothing but positive stuff.

They're tight as hell, and at that age, it will only get better.
Your posts lacks originality. Sorry if that bruises your fragile skin too. Didnt mean it as a "diss" homeslice. :cry: Next time don't stop reading a post at the first sentence, and have the stones to quote the post you're talking about.

And by the way it's Moronic Colossus to you. :LOL: :LOL:

Man, I'm closing in on 50, have two kids around that age, and have played music since 1985.
If you get off on messing with kids who are perfectly able to Google themselves and read completely unnecessary comments about themselves, I guess you're just that kind of guy? I didn't direct it at you either, there were several comments about their lack of originality, while at the same time NOT mentioning that they're tighter than many people twice their age.

Seriously! When I first saw them I was floored. I was expecting a band barely holding Metallica's-Black-Album-style heavy metal together, and instead saw these guys bust out some super fucking tight thrash metal. The drummer is 14 doing super tight skank beats and blast beats! Their ability and songwriting is out of this world for their age. They have a lot of developing to do, but this is a great foundation to build upon. I know I wasn't anywhere near this good both at songwriting and playing when I was their age.

ke2":2653rmtw said:
D-Rock":2653rmtw said:
ke2":2653rmtw said:
Dissing them for not being original is pretty much a moronic thing to do :thumbsdown:

Chances are, if Andy Wood or Pete Thorn, two guys who posted here, and actually made something of themselves in music were to comment, I'm pretty damn sure they would say nothing but positive stuff.

Your posts lacks originality. Sorry if that bruises your fragile skin too. Didnt mean it as a "diss" homeslice. :cry: Next time don't stop reading a post at the first sentence, and have the stones to quote the post you're talking about.

Man, I'm closing in on 50, have two kids around that age, and have played music since 1985.
If you get off on messing with kids who are perfectly able to Google themselves and read completely unnecessary comments about themselves, I guess you're just that kind of guy? I didn't direct it at you either, there were several comments about their lack of originality, while at the same time NOT mentioning that they're tighter than many people twice their age.
No one no one asked about your life. Save it for someone who cares. And no one's "messing with kids" Are you that kind of guy? ANYBODY who puts themselves out there on YouTube none the less, better not expect f****** cherry blossoms and roses from everyone. Lose the Kumbaya attitude cuz you'll just get eaten up and spit out in this world. They've gotten a lot of praise in this thread including from me so take your social justice warrior life police somewhere else. I'm not far behind you in age but you're a great example of the old getting weak. God forbid they read something negative on the internetz!!! Well, they're going to get a lot more of it in the music business. Goes with the territory so suck it up.

I loved it. I'm 49, and love my old-school thrash. Anybody, with the likes of Havoc and Evile, are alright in my book. Extra kudos for a couple middle-schoolers tearing it up. Good for them!

Who cares about "originality". With thrash, you either have it, or you don't!

Tronald Dump":1er4chto said:
Bloodrock":1er4chto said:
Yay! the Greta Van Fleet of metal! :doh: innovate kids, stop imitating like every other rock/metal band in the last 10 years and you might have a future..

Get out of here Bloodcock!

:gethim:
Hey Bloodrock, you do know that Pantera lifted their groove sound from a band called Exhorder from New Orleans, right?

napalmdeath":13yhmcyx said:
I loved it. I'm 49, and love my old-school thrash. Anybody, with the likes of Havoc and Evile, are alright in my book. Extra kudos for a couple middle-schoolers tearing it up. Good for them!

Who cares about "originality". With thrash, you either have it, or you don't!
You're exactly right. Not every band has to be groundbreaking. If that's what you desire, there are plenty of other bands out there for you. There are many sub genres to metal, old school thrash is one of them, and that's what these kids are doing. What matters is how good your doing it, and these kids are killing it. The "originality police" in this post sound ridiculous and aren't seeing the bigger picture. Or, they just have to bitch about something. Again, I'd LOVE to see what they were doing at this age...

Thought their cover of Alice in Hell was cool! I made the comment to my wife while watching that if that little guy's this angry and thrashin that hard now, just wait until his nuts drop. That video of their garage jam rocks hard, awesome thrash vibe :rock: The EP posted here "Essence of Iron" is too Gojira'ish for me, but ya got to hand it to these kids for bringing it :rock: Kudos to their parents.

D-Rock":3m5kfths said:
ke2":3m5kfths said:
D-Rock":3m5kfths said:
ke2":3m5kfths said:

No one no one asked about your life. Save it for someone who cares. And no one's "messing with kids" Are you that kind of guy? ANYBODY who puts themselves out there on YouTube none the less, better not expect f****** cherry blossoms and roses from everyone. Lose the Kumbaya attitude cuz you'll just get eaten up and spit out in this world. They've gotten a lot of praise in this thread including from me so take your social justice warrior life police somewhere else. I'm not far behind you in age but you're a great example of the old getting weak. God forbid they read something negative on the internetz!!! Well, they're going to get a lot more of it in the music business. Goes with the territory so suck it up.

They get eaten up and spit out by people like yourself. What's the matter? Didn't you get hugged enough as a child, and now you lash out at everybody? :)

Check out Sylosis if you haven't. I've not really heard another band do modern day thrash the same justice. Chris Adler even took them on LOG's US tour.
Also check out their guitar player (now playing in Architects) if you want to see how high the bar has been set for metal rhythm guitar playing.

ke2":2dk7hzcm said:
D-Rock":2dk7hzcm said:
D-Rock":2dk7hzcm said:

They get eaten up and spit out by people like yourself. What's the matter? Didn't you get hugged enough as a child, and now you lash out at everybody? :)
Is that your only rebuttal? You have to keep going back to child stuff? Are you obsessed with kids or something? Creepy.... Lose the cliche responses and come back with something that carries some actual weight.

JimmyBlind":1xp35tae said:
Check out Sylosis if you haven't. I've not really heard another band do modern day thrash the same justice. Chris Adler even took them on LOG's US tour.
Also check out their guitar player (now playing in Architects) if you want to see how high the bar has been set for metal rhythm guitar playing.

:thumbsup: I got turned on to these guys at a LOG show in Denver quite a few years back. Liked them better with their original singer, but they still kick ass! Great guitar playing, and an all around awesome modern thrash vibe :rock:

JimmyBlind":2zd7p1a4 said:

I did get a couple of their albums. Good stuff, but repetitive.

D-Rock":m7jsjgcd said:
ke2":m7jsjgcd said:

Is that your only rebuttal? You have to keep going back to child stuff? Are you obsessed with kids or something? Creepy.... Lose the cliche responses and come back with something that carries some actual weight.

The thread was started because some CHILDREN were playing music in a garage, and you told about your need to "toughen them up".
But who needs context anyway. Ranting is so much more fun.

ke2":3f1pgy9y said:
D-Rock":3f1pgy9y said:

The thread was started because some CHILDREN were playing music in a garage, and you told about your need to "toughen them up".
But who needs context anyway. Ranting is so much more fun.
D-Rock's insinuations are what took the topic of kids into "creepy" territory..... :no:

Their songwriting has not matured yet but these kids have a TON of potential. Huge thumbs up from me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

things i learned from this thread:

engl savage + TS9= vicious scalding tone
hammerhedd rips and these kids have a ton of potential
"D-rock"is a certified D-ouche-Bag
the end

Back