New logo for the wall

RedB4Black

Wall of Wizards that is....

YEo9H4Uh.jpg

Thanks to SQUAREHEAD/Keith for the hook up on my MCII on the right!

The cab in the middle just came in too. I loaded it with Creamback H75s. The left cab has Fane F70 and the right cab has Alnico Creams.

Here's a before pic below. Looks much better now...

SYSjsw6h.jpg

rstites":1lpbr5ac said:
You need a big life-size Gandalf poster for the wall behind them to complete the scene! :LOL: :LOL:

or a promo cardboard cutout of him...hell even a statue or something. haha That is an epic wall though man!

Wow, looks bad ass man!!!!!

I sooo need to try a Wizard at some point in my life, hell, we all do!!!! Lol

:rock:

Thanks guys...

I'm kind of a geek about things matching/being symetrical, so it always bothered me. :doh:

Maybe I'll get a Hogwarts sign for my guitar room. :LOL: :LOL:

Locked n loaded right there....DAMN!

I need to crank the Wizard this weekend me thinks. I've kept it very civil the last few months after splitting the ceiling drywall in the kitchen with the volume wound up one weekend. Hell it's just drywall.....it's repairable.

flimz":2yw5ksty said:
Awesome wall! Do you run them one at a time?

Usually run 2 at a time. I do have a means to run all 3 at once, so I need to give it a try. I just got the KT88 MCII about a month ago

Wow!!! U spent a fortune didnt u? How will you describe the MC2 el34 vs MC2 KT88 ?

Does it have a more modern scooped type tone for MC2 KT88 than the mid present of the EL34 MC2 ?

hopkinWFG":2xiwmn59 said:
Wow!!! U spent a fortune didnt u? How will you describe the MC2 el34 vs MC2 KT88 ?

Does it have a more modern scooped type tone for MC2 KT88 than the mid present of the EL34 MC2 ?

I set the amps the same and compared. KT88s do what you’d expect. The amp is even tighter and gives it a little more modern character. Sound is even bigger and more punch in the face. I don’t know that I’d necessarily call it a lot better than el34s, or night and day different it’s just a different character of the same amp. All else being equal, the KT88 amp is a darker sounding than the el34 amp. Playing the KT88 amp through the cab will all CBH75s there seems to be a little more of the el34ish grind that you don't get through the Fane F70s. Right now the MTL is going through the Fane cab, the MCIIKT88 through the CB cab and the MCIIel34 through the Alnico cream cab. I'm thinking of buying the Ampete 4:4 switcher to make it easy to select the cabs - I just wish it would let you play more than one amp at once.

Back