Tell me about the Eventide H9

mooncobra

I am not familiar with this pedal at all. Can it hold numerous fx at once? Lets say you wanted a light spring reverb in one part of a song, but later in the same song, you wanted a fatter hall reverb. could the H9 do that?

also, isn't there a few different versions of the H9, like the H9 Core, and others? what are the differences?

thanks in advance!

mooncobra":1sz9r0uu said:
I am not familiar with this pedal at all. Can it hold numerous fx at once? Lets say you wanted a light spring reverb in one part of a song, but later in the same song, you wanted a fatter hall reverb. could the H9 do that?

also, isn't there a few different versions of the H9, like the H9 Core, and others? what are the differences?

thanks in advance!
Yes is midi as well of course. Most gripes are it can only do 1 effect/alithogram at a time.. this has been updated somewhat regarding this. It's pretty deep with options/tones. I've had one for a few years and its sounds are very good. Different models mean more or less amount of presets based on price. Max* means, u get all of them and all the new ones they create going forward. Hope this is helpful. Also has a 20db boost. An effects loop /delay ,and u basicly have another mv or lead solo boost

I’ve kinda been wanting one of these, but with the Line 6 HX and whatever from Fractal, I’m paralyzed about which to buy. Seems like the H9 is more limited but has of course the eventide algorithms.

H9 has the blue tooth option which rocks if you have a tablet , even on your phone but adjusting parameters with a phone seems may be easier with a slightly bigger touch screen. I grabbed a cheap tablet with blue tooth. That way editing without hooking my rig up to a PC is much faster and an easier work around. The fractal fx8 gets a big thumbs up from users it seems. I am not sure I could compare the effects to hx from my experiences, however the are decent sounding. Only I doubt like 6 or fractal are giving there new presets away for free they just build another model you can buy that's better than last years. Just my opinion of course.

If you buy and H9 core or H9 you can pay and purchase the other algorithms all the way to making it a max. I really dig mine, great sounds and can do everything, but as mentioned its only one at a time. But that one at a time may still be a combo of phase/flange/delay etc. it all depends on the algorithm you are using. Look at the list of algorithms on the website. There are also products from Barn3 (not sure I spelled that right) that increase the switching/tap tempo options.

H9 are all the same hardware. The difference between the Core, Harmonizer and Max are just the amount of algorithms that come with it. You can buy the core and then purchase the algorithms you want, mix match, whatever. They are pretty cheap, I think I paid $19 or $29 for Micropitch.

A single pedal can only play 1 algorithm at a time, but an algorithm can be made up of a delay, reverb and chorus (whatever) for example. They have some really cool algorithms and of course you can make your own or customize the ones that come with it a save as your own.

If you own more than 1 pedal, they will share the same algorithms. Meaning if you own a Max and a Core, then the Core can play EVERY algorithm just like the Max as long as they are both tied to your account.

The build quality is top notch, the software is top notch. They are great pedals.
I owned a Max and a Core and sold them. Immediate regrets. Ended up re-buying a Core. Turns out Micropitch is one of my favorite effects and Eventide pretty has the market cornered, no one else has anything like it.

Maybe because it sounds really really good. Most good pedals are 300 bucks or more. Not sure I see where eventide is more costly. U have spacetime alithogram that's 20 bucks. It has dealy/reverb/chorus and each amount of the effect can be mixed and parameters adjusted. If there is something thats cheaper and sounds better please post it. And if its seperate pedals I doubt they are coming in at 69.95 each.. if it's a rack unit then ok. The sky is the limit.. anyhoo

It has some presets that contain delay, reverb, pitch in the same preset. So you can run multiple effects depending on the preset.
The bluetooth was always hit or miss for me. Sometimes it would connect other times not.

the H9 is great.
The rack units are more transparent, H9 is almost there.
I used to gig with an eclipse , now I just take the H9.
Kind of sounds more analog.
Still has all the eventide vibe.
Very deep pedal, near endless possibilities.

exo-metal":fujjr41k said:
So if I want six fx then it would cost $1800...or 1 Eventide rack if I'm to follow you here...
Not sure where that's coming from. A core is 400 bucks and comes with a harmonizer , delay and a verb. And one effect/althigram of choice. that's 400 u.s. dollars and each alithogram is $ 20 u.s dollars.. u can max it out for 650 bucks and have thosands..some let you use 3 effects at once. And it gives free updates which include more alithograms. It's pretty cheap considering that. If strymon or fractal start giving effects away I am on board with that too.

So really it's $650. Who wants half of anything. What crap, sell me the truck new but oh yeah the bumpers aren't included.

It just gives you a chance to pay for just what you think you’ll actually use. I think a lot of folks basically just want it for Eventide’s micro pitch shifting, so you can save a few bucks buying the core and just that algorithm. Lots of folks already have boards with the delay, reverb, etc. that they’re using.

timeroo":3v5mgw3w said:
It's expensive

On a single pedal basis, yes, it is. But it has replaced and sent enough other pedals packing for me that it has more than paid for itself. Perspective...

GOHOINC":vo3q8jv9 said:
timeroo":vo3q8jv9 said:
It's expensive

On a single pedal basis, yes, it is. But it has replaced and sent enough other pedals packing for me that it has more than paid for itself. Perspective...
Its not a single pedal so I don't think I understand the its expensive* quote.. what's not expensive, a mini pedal for 70 bucks, best of luck with that covering much ground. Maybe someone with the economic quote on the H9 can post a multi effects unit that's cheaper. By all means enlighten me :confused:

I'd like to see a digital output specifically, TOSLINK. I don't understand why digital pedals don't have a digital output for recording wet without needing additional conversion...

Back