Rest In Peace Roy Clark

Holy bejesus could he play! :rawk: in peace man! Can you imagine him ripping on a humbucker guitar through a high gain amp :rock: :rock:

exo-metal":1x9m9i9t said:
RIP Roy...man he could play!

Man, you ain't kidding! I watched HeeHaw as a kid, and it was later in life I realized how good he was. He could tear up a 335, and a Les Paul!

i have made a few Hee Haw references at work(i work in the music industry with 20-35 year olds), and not one of them knows of Hee Haw. i tell them that’s a shame. I grew up on that show living in a rural area only had 4 frickin channels on TV. But being a young boy and seeing all the hot chics on that show was fine fine fine

crwnedblasphemy":3pg40yh0 said:
i have made a few Hee Haw references at work(i work in the music industry with 20-35 year olds), and not one of them knows of Hee Haw. i tell them that’s a shame. I grew up on that show living in a rural area only had 4 frickin channels on TV. But being a young boy and seeing all the hot chics on that show was fine fine fine

Hee Haw, Benny Hill, The Three Stooges, Dr Who, Godizilla, and Sunday kung foo matinee were what I remember watching.

Saw him 5 or 6 times in the late 70's and in the 80's. Besides on of the best multi instrumentalist on earth he was a great entertainer and story teller. A sad day

Mwal

Very sad, but true.

Roy was a great guitarist. He played a plethora of styles on guitar, bajo and even violin. Not just Country but also Rock, Blues, Flamenco just to name a few.

Roy lived to the ripe old age of 85. So he lived a very fruitful life entertaining us all with his masterful guitar skills and techniques for many years. Roy will be sorely missed by us all.

Birth name
Roy Linwood Clark

Born
April 15, 1933
Meherrin, Virginia, U.S.

Died
Roy Clark died on November 15, 2018, at 85 at his Tulsa home due to complications of pneumonia.

THE REAL DEAL!

* CC

EDIT: My apologies, I hadn't realized the OP already submitted this YTV. Anyhow, enjoy.

This is sad news indeed. I normally don't care for RIP threads, but Roy Clark brings back great memories.

I grew up watching Hee Haw with my parents and grandparents. What a wonderful show. Roy and Buck Owens were monster players and they had terrific guests. I remember watching guys like Merle Haggard and Jerry Reed along with tons of great pedal steel players. I think we who grew up in that era of television really had something special. It really had family values.

Thanks Roy. You will be missed.

Ed

Back