Billy Idol becomes a U.S. Citizen.

Did the same myself a few years ago but didn’t have cool hair..... :aww:

I was the only Australian in the whole ceremony...lol

Mikeyboyeee":l7iufreu said:

If directed to me and not Billy Idol....thank you....lol

Been in the States since ‘89. First thing I saw was the Pistons take the Lakers! Unfortunately I missed the golden years of live rock and metal in the States and I was too isolated in Australia to ever see international touring bands. I did see almost every show I could, once here and ended up seeing some awesome shows and tours I would never have dreamed of seeing in my life.

Just for the record, [whoever] wrote this from b60 is mistaken.

A foreigner can never "become an American". Only people that have been natively born in America are American, like me.

Meaning, unless you are able to present an authentic birth certificate stating that you "in fact" were born in the United States of America, then your best chance at permanently occupying the US legally is to apply for US Citizenship. No big, just connotation.

What a foreigner can do, though, is go through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) department and become "naturalized" over time. The US constitutional law is stated as after being here legally in America for no less than 2 years. Then they can apply (by taking a fundamental USCIS test) for United States Citizenship which makes them a legal permanent resident and "United States Citizen", but not an American. However, it's mostly semantics at this point and merely identical status.

So, very good for "Mr. William Michael Albert Broad" a.k.a. "Billy Idol" possesing dual status.

- CC

Back