Is the ISP decimator II still the best in noise gates?

harddriver":324rg73c said:
As the above question asks. Is it still tops in pedal form noise gates today?

Mine still is, but my Zuul might be a bit faster. But there is a big price diff.

Both are the best on the market, cant go wrong with either.

I think so, I've had mine for 8 yrs and it still works great, no tone suck to my ears. I can always tell when some high end is shaved off when using gates or reamping units like the Badcat Unleash. The Zuul is too much for me, and IMO it ain't broke anyway, no need to change.

I just picked up the ISP Deci-mate. I A/B'd it against the ISP Decimator II and could not hear a difference between the two. I actually felt like the Deci-mate was a little better with trails. And it's smaller cheaper.

I have the zuul and to my ears its the perfect gate BUT there's one thing to be told.

It's not transparent, it seems to add a bit of juice/high end clarity almost, it sounds as if you boosted the 1.5khz-2khz slightly I'd compare it to kicking in a bit of a tube screamer. I think it might be the inbuilt buffer.

It's funny cause each time i start playing without it, the moment i engage the pedal 3 other band mates tell me - wow it sound really good now :D.
Has anyone noticed anything similar (using mine in the FX loop with the key input coming from a lehle p split II).

I can work a bit more with the bass knob on the amp as it does not fart out that easily :).

K-Roll":43do1vv4 said:
I have the zuul and to my ears its the perfect gate BUT there's one thing to be told.

It's not transparent, it seems to add a bit of juice/high end clarity almost, it sounds as if you boosted the 1.5khz-2khz slightly I'd compare it to kicking in a bit of a tube screamer. I think it might be the inbuilt buffer.

It's funny cause each time i start playing without it, the moment i engage the pedal 3 other band mates tell me - wow it sound really good now :D.
Has anyone noticed anything similar (using mine in the FX loop with the key input coming from a lehle p split II).

I can work a bit more with the bass knob on the amp as it does not fart out that easily :).

I’ve heard that high end boost. It’s not bad, but you certainly have to adjust the amp to compensate for it. I heard it when I first got the Zuul and I was going back and fourth trying to figure out if I had the buffer on. Turned out like you said, the pedal adds some high end.

I was disappointed that one of Fortin’s sales guys saw my YouTube video of the high pitch noise and instead of reaching out to learn more or possibly make a revision to make the product better, it was ignored. It sucks since I really like the Zuul and want to help support Fortin by buying his products.

Re: Zuul buffer - is that the little switch on the side that is recessed? I've been trying to figure out what that damn thing does.

Meeotch":3b1ksgbf said:
Re: Zuul buffer - is that the little switch on the side that is recessed? I've been trying to figure out what that damn thing does.
That's not a buffer on/off switch. From what I understand, it's for when you're using it in the loop and not using the key input.

fearhk213":v5oi82vp said:
Meeotch":v5oi82vp said:
That's not a buffer on/off switch. From what I understand, it's for when you're using it in the loop and not using the key input.

From the website.
Side switch or internal jumper to change the threshold range if you are injecting a large signal into the input and not using the key input.

Back