TSO doing Savatage

crwnedblasphemy

Absolute goosebumps at how killer this sounds. They could never really do the second 1/2 of the song live cuz of all the tracks. :rock:

That was Killer. I hope maybe someday we will get another Savatage album. One of the most under rated bands of all time.

Awesome!

Makes me remember seeing them play as Savatage.

I wish John would come back and sing and join them and start a tour with Savatage.

I think Savatage is long, long gone and the occasional TSO tribute is the closest we´re likely to get. Granted, Poets and madmen had some good tunes but even that one was 17 years ago and apart from one show at Wacken they haven't played live in almost as long. Time really does fly.

And now with Paul O´Neill gone it seems almost impossible that we'll ever see another album. Seems like he was at least a third of the band from 1987 on, more or less.

Makes me so glad I got to see Savatage back in 1990 with Testament and Nuclear Assault on the Gutter Ballet tour. Such great tunes.

technomancer":vgnr1840 said:
Makes me so glad I got to see Savatage back in 1990 with Testament and Nuclear Assault on the Gutter Ballet tour. Such great tunes.

Do you remember who was playing guitar for Nuclear Assault?

technomancer":z0ye64cv said:

saw that tour as well at First Ave in Minneapolis. It was crushingly loud. Practice what you preach tour. if my memeory serves, don’t know he guys in Nuclear Assult, but the guitarist had a cool Frankenstein(old monster) painted jackson i believe?

psychodave":o1wbud2o said:
technomancer":o1wbud2o said:

Do you remember who was playing guitar for Nuclear Assault?

Not a clue, they really were not the reason I was there :LOL: :LOL:

Was all about Savatage and Testament

232cap":1uore4so said:
I believe its Chris Caffery on lead guitar.

It is...

I was at a Jersey shore benefit with several big bands and had ear plugs in, Chris walked in front of me an I yelled “Chris”....he ducked because I literally yelled it due to the ear plugs. He’s a nice humble guy.

Every year my family goes to see TSO and I'm thinking the whole time, if they only new they are at a Metal concert :rock:

technomancer":2gz9uvuz said:

I saw them on that tour in Toronto. I went initially to see Testament, and had barely even heard of Savatage at the time. Savatage were absolutely unbelievable. I was an instant fan. In fact, after Savatage, Testament were a bit ho-hum in comparison.

Anyway, I was incredibly disappointed when Jon stepped back and Zachary Stevens took over as lead singer. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great singer, and I enjoyed the albums he sang on, but he's just not Jon.

I've listened to some of Jon Oliva's Pain, but I just don't think it compares to his Savatage material, especially HOTMK and Gutter Ballet.

I'm sure Jon can still write, but his physical condition is troubling. He needs to lose some weight big time.

Back