))((

Sick!!! Sounds great! That right there is the early 80s hard rock sound (Ratt, Dokken, etc.) that everyone is always chasing.

romanianreaper":2dj5d3xb said:
Sick!!! Sounds great! That right there is the early 80s hard rock sound (Ratt, Dokken, etc.) that everyone is always chasing.

Isn't that Marshall sound more 2203/4? It's a different preamp setup.

That being said, the amp (and your playing) does sound great. Very early EVH. What preamp tubes you run, and have you considered running JJ 6CA7 power tubes biased to ~75% 0r so of plate dissipation? From what I've read/heard, neither those nor the EHx 6CA7 are quite like the old Sylvania -- a pair of which ran in my HiWatt DR103 in the early 80's. The JJ are more robust and glassy, and the EHx are softer and more cardboardy. Biasing the JJ's hot makes them sound better.

romanianreaper":2ar01q75 said:

Thank you my kind friend, I appreciate the feed back on the sound clip.

Sounds amazing as usual - you definitely have the touch and ears to dial in great tones (not just the amp dials but whatever magic you mod in the guts) for both crunch tight rhythm to silky leads.

Crunchity":3mqyploj said:
Sounds amazing as usual - you definitely have the touch and ears to dial in great tones (not just the amp dials but whatever magic you mod in the guts) for both crunch tight rhythm to silky leads.

Thank you my friend, it's always a pleasure hearing from you. :thumbsup:
These old Marshall's modded and dialed in right have that vintage feel that most amps don't have.

Oh Michael, absolutely beautiful… You have retained clarity and sizzle without it sounding sterile, it still has that vintage feel but tons of juice… terrific work!
I love you’re playing and your feel also…
I gotta get up to see you,
Keith

SQUAREHEAD":2awqbrng said:
Oh Michael, absolutely beautiful… You have retained clarity and sizzle without it sounding sterile, it still has that vintage feel but tons of juice… terrific work!
I love you’re playing and your feel also…
I gotta get up to see you,
Keith

Thank you my kind friend.
Anytime you want to bring an amp head out to me, you're more than welcome to. :)

GCKelloch":27kihzf2 said:
romanianreaper":27kihzf2 said:

Isn't that Marshall sound more 2203/4? It's a different preamp setup.

That being said, the amp (and your playing) does sound great. Very early EVH. What preamp tubes you run, and have you considered running JJ 6CA7 power tubes biased to ~75% 0r so of plate dissipation? From what I've read/heard, neither those nor the EHx 6CA7 are quite like the old Sylvania -- a pair of which ran in my HiWatt DR103 in the early 80's. The JJ are more robust and glassy, and the EHx are softer and more cardboardy. Biasing the JJ's hot makes them sound better.
Most of those bands used modded Superleads or 1987 50w Marshalls, at least the favorite amps between each band seemed to be the modded nmv. Warrens plexi that George always wanted to steal, the modded Supertrem that George rented from SIR....

Nice tones and playing Michael!

Back