Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Engl Marty Friedman Inferno

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Engl Invader 2

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Engl Invader

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
I have no idea what year 120 I own, I'll have to check it out. I know right around 2011/2012 they made changes to the Savage. I'd describe mine as similar sounding; a massive, punchy low end, but not muddy or overbearing. When I was reamping a recent project, I was right up next to the oversized Engl cab I have, and when the first note was played it was like getting hit in the head.

@Sacrimon,

how's the Invader II's 2nd channel? Have you compared it to the Invader I?
From the video's it seems they gained it a bit down from the Invader I (which can cover low-gain up to hotrodded JCM stuff)

Also, when you compare it to the Crunch mode of your Mark V, which comes closer to a Marshall-esque tone?

thrashinbatman":10ubnycp said:
D-Rock":10ubnycp said:
I'm waiting on delivery of this $180 "Savage 120" so I'll let you know later! Lol!

Let me know how that sounds. I've been curious about it, though I guess it's a bit irrelevant since I have a real-deal Savage now. The only demo I've heard of that thing is the one Hotone made themselves, and they aren't very good at making demos. :aww:
Oh, and the amp sucks. Can't be bothered to return it and no one wants to buy it locally. Ah well,

I've got an Engl Invader II with Wizard Module and Z-12 Footswitch for sale, Mint, in the classifieds btw. It's an amazing amp.

D-Rock":wj6x3f6z said:
thrashinbatman":wj6x3f6z said:
D-Rock":wj6x3f6z said:
I'm waiting on delivery of this $180 "Savage 120" so I'll let you know later! Lol!

Let me know how that sounds. I've been curious about it, though I guess it's a bit irrelevant since I have a real-deal Savage now. The only demo I've heard of that thing is the one Hotone made themselves, and they aren't very good at making demos. :aww:
Oh, and the amp sucks. Can't be bothered to return it and no one wants to buy it locally. Ah well,
Update on the micro "Savage 120".

Having only tried it through a 1x12 I decided to pull it out of the box again and try it through my oversized V30 loaded 4x12. BAM! There we go! The little fucker woke up and started throwing punches!

Quite thick with a nice dry, yet saturated high gain sound. Dont know how close it is to the Savage sound, but it sounds good to me.
I backed off the gain and boosted it with a Rat clone to tighten it up a bit and now it really thumps for a palm sized amp. Great for late night metal mayhem! I'm playing it right now!

Back