Kramer Pacer Special USA 1983 Restoration Day

Here's mine. Absolutely LOVE this guitar. I run a Pariah Pasadena in there now.

standard.jpg

Rick Lee":38ajl389 said:
Here's mine. Absolutely LOVE this guitar. I run a Pariah Pasadena in there now.

standard.jpg
Isn't it one of the easiest guitars to play? The neck is to die for! Mine sounds way too bright and I have been thinking of removing the di marzio breed. It sure sounds hot though!

All the Kramers with Floyds up until they started messing with the headstocks and went pointy (post beak and banana) were just great guitars. They got too popular and messed up a good formula. Even a lot of the pointy headstock ones were great guitars, but look and feel so dated by comparison. I got to tour the factory in Neptune during the 5150 tour. I was 15 and it was pure heaven.

Rick Lee":36wiabfo said:
All the Kramers with Floyds up until they started messing with the headstocks and went pointy (post beak and banana) were just great guitars. They got too popular and messed up a good formula. Even a lot of the pointy headstock ones were great guitars, but look and feel so dated by comparison. I got to tour the factory in Neptune during the 5150 tour. I was 15 and it was pure heaven.
Right on!

I have a pacer HSS with a beak headstock and the original Schaller pickups. The bridge H sounds just like a PAF not kidding. And it is literally the best neck I’ve ever had my hands on. Also, I have a soft spot for decked Floyds. I love this guitar and I only paid $500 for it.

grooveHT":90nzekto said:
You have a Breed in there, and it's still bright???
You'd be amazed how much top-end jangle the Breed can muster up when some of the woods of the guitar are bright by nature.
I had one in the bridge of various guitars and while it had a big low-end and an overall 'wide' response, I felt it was somewhat mild too.

Later on, I had a Breed Neck in a Charvel So-Cal, so pretty similar probably to the Pacer, but with a maple fretboard. It was too jangly too. I took it out, replaced it with an Air Norton...much better in that guitar. Then the Breed neck ended up in the neck pos. of my Gibson Flying V (mahogany body, neck and ebony fb) and it absolutely KILLS there. Does that big, juicy Les Paul PAF-on-some-steroids tone.

Speeddemon":7mlbmifd said:
grooveHT":7mlbmifd said:
You'd be amazed how much top-end jangle the Breed can muster up when some of the woods of the guitar are bright by nature.
I had one in the bridge of various guitars and while it had a big low-end and an overall 'wide' response, I felt it was somewhat mild too.

Later on, I had a Breed Neck in a Charvel So-Cal, so pretty similar probably to the Pacer, but with a maple fretboard. It was too jangly too. I took it out, replaced it with an Air Norton...much better in that guitar. Then the Breed neck ended up in the neck pos. of my Gibson Flying V (mahogany body, neck and ebony fb) and it absolutely KILLS there. Does that big, juicy Les Paul PAF-on-some-steroids tone.
Maybe I should just swap the breed - my les Paul's Tone Zone ...

nnajar":2gwf6i0y said:
I have a pacer HSS with a beak headstock and the original Schaller pickups. The bridge H sounds just like a PAF not kidding. And it is literally the best neck I’ve ever had my hands on. Also, I have a soft spot for decked Floyds. I love this guitar and I only paid $500 for it.
Photo? I really love those old pacers! Best necks ever!

sotosprince":3azflsxp said:
nnajar":3azflsxp said:
Photo? I really love those old pacers! Best necks ever!

Got one of those too, though it's for sale.

standard.jpg

sotosprince":xs58pws5 said:
Speeddemon":xs58pws5 said:
grooveHT":xs58pws5 said:

I was going to say, it sounds like a Tone Zone is the answer!

Man, I’d look for an original Schaller pickup, those sound killer. I wouldn’t mess with an old Kramer too much, perfect from the factory except for the damn tone knob and the mini switch.

grooveHT":1psc8pfu said:
sotosprince":1psc8pfu said:
Speeddemon":1psc8pfu said:
grooveHT":1psc8pfu said:

I was going to say, it sounds like a Tone Zone is the answer!
Haha cool! I might try that as well!

Back